postpartum body

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Lover4You, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Just had our second. Been getting some comments like -don't plan on ever wearing that again- from family and such. Sooo, is it even possible to look great after having kids? Just a bit discouraged.

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

After my first child (I gained 85 pounds - not good) I still looked pregnant after 3 months even with nursing. It took awhile but I did get back to before pregnancy shape and then I took it further and joined a health club...got to a size 2. Unfortunately, I know that I will NEVER see a size 2 again :( I am again trying to get on the healthy track and loose. It is harder to loose it the older you get, in my opinion.

Don't let your family or others get you down...you need to take care of you and that new little one! Congrats BTW!!!!

3. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I bet you still look amazing. And Yes woman can look as good or better after kids. My kids mom looks great after 4

4. Gecko

Gecko New Member

Don't listen to what your family says. You can do whatever you set your mind to. And you might ask them why they are being negative instead of supportive. Sorry, my tact isn't working today; usually I am a bit better at wording than that.

Congrats on the little one.

5. Frank84

Frank84 Member

Ignor your family wife had a child and she looks amazing been for walks and eating healthy and she looks sexier than ever I think you will look amazing

6. will2of3

will2of3 New Member

You can do anything you want. It took my wifey a little over a year to get back to before pregnancy weight. Remember it took you nine months to gain, it might take a while to drop it.

7. Victus

Victus New Member

I've seen quite a few women who managed to make themselves look even better after having a child than before. It's all about your frame of mind, and getting motivated. Don't let the naysayers get you down, keep your head up and your legs moving ^_^

8. BitchN

BitchN New Member

Yes it is possible....don't let anyone tell you different....all my friends, including myself got back into shape.....hell, one of my friends had twins a few years ago and she placed second in body building competition a couple weeks ago.....what ever you set your mind to...you can achieve...

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

My wife was a size 4 when she got pregnant, after the second in just under 2 yrs she was up to a size 12, after she had a couple of health scares and looked at her mother and sister (both huge), she dropped 76lbs and is a size 0/2 and ripped. At 47 she's got a body most 20yr olds would kill for. Yes it's possible.

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Of course it is possible to regain or even look better than pre-gravida.
    Like the others here have said it does take determination & discipline.

11. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Thank you all! Feel much better now. I like modeling a lot so it was a scare to hear so much negativity from pple I know. Jealousy maybe? Lol jk. I will be working my booty off. Already lost 30 lbs Woohoo.

12. 12barblues

Gold Member

Just be patient with it....your body did what it did for a reason....you'll get back to how you were if you work at it. No need to go crazy....take care of that Lil baby first and foremost....(I'm sure you know that so dont take it wrong please) I did know a new mom that was so obsessed with herself and getting " back to form" that she honestly didn't seem to care much about her child...getting to the gym was more important....seemed very shallow to me....

13. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Wow, that is sad. I love my babies too much to do that. I just mean I won't sit around thinking woe is me cuz I gained some preg weight. Being healthy may be a way of life but its not an obsession.

Thanks for the pep talk tho! I appreciate some good wisdom. = )

14. luv2sexdotinfo

luv2sexdotinfo New Member

I think it is still possible to look great after kids
    but you need to have some discipline on your own in taking care of your body and always keeping it in good shape by doing some workouts on a regular basis

15. RainLevity

RainLevity Member

[Rant alert] Shame on your family for making you self-conscious about what nature intended to happen- for a mom to have a little more padding while she is still solely responsible for an entire human being! Think about it- the natural way is that a woman exclusively breastfeeds her child for 6+ months after birth, carrying the child with her all the time, everywhere she goes and nursing all the time. Then some foods are slowly introduced, but she continues to be the primary source of nutrition for this human, breastfeeding until well past his first birthday, and in most cultures (and in ancient times) well after his second. If there are times of famine, Mom needs to have enough stored nutrients (ie, fat) that she can continue bfing and not starve to death. Now we don't necessarily have to follow this original plan that our foremothers were obligated to follow, but evolution takes millions of years. It still takes a year or better to get ALL of that baby weight off, even if you work hard at it. Some don't even feel like they're in a position to start trying until the baby is older. I did it after my oldest, but it took a good 2 years. Now he's 6, and my youngest is 2, and I'm just starting to really try to lose this extra weight. Part of my problem is this was my 3rd C-section. I really want it gone, but it's not as important as focusing on my kids for their first couple of years. Now I'm to the point that I feel I can leave them with the Childwatch while Daddy & I work out, and then I pick them up and we all swim together for a cool-down. You can certainly get back to pre-preg shape if it's important to you; just don't stress about doing it too fast. :)

16. 12barblues

Gold Member

Great minds think alike.....