Possibility of getting pregnant

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by hero, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hero

hero New Member

What is like, the percentage of getting pregnant when NOT using a condom? When is really the best time to have sex without having to worry about getting pregnant? Or is there such a time?

2. killjoy

killjoy New Member

during or straight after the female parters period i believe

3. garberj

garberj New Member

If you aren't ready for a baby...a condom is a must! But realize...condoms aren't even 100%- they can break, slip off or have a hole in them (resulting in an unplanned pregnancy!) We have always used the 'natural method'. But that's only because we are married and I am in tune with my body...plus we always know that conceiving is a possibility- even if we do everything 'right' and that's okay.

The woman's periods have to be completely regular...she has to keep track of her period, her temperature/cervical mucus and has to learn about her body. And it's best when the woman knows when she's ovulating. There's a lot to the 'natural method' and I wouldn't advise anyone who doesn't want a baby right now to use that method of contraception.

4. farspark

farspark New Member

Apparently the average length of time that it takes couples to concieve when trying for babies is 6 months. This said, when my partner and I first stopped using condoms it took us an hour and a half, and that included dinner. :brow

Also worth knowing: 1 out of every 5 pregancies end with spontaneous miscarriage within the first 13 weeks. (So if you are a risk taker, this reduces your odds). In fact many women don't even find out they are pregnant before experiencing one of these - it can be just like a heavy period, and if you weren't planning babies, you might not even know you had one.

The other thing worth knowing about is ovulation dates. Traditionally, family planning clinics have told women that they ovulate 14 days prior to their period... however more recent information suggest that a vast majority of woman may ovulate much sooner or much later than that. It is even possible to ovulate on day 7 or 8 of one's cycle - some women are still bleeding then, and you would think all is safe, but it's not. Taking temperature and mucus viscosity (the 'stretch' test for vaginal secretions) can give more information about when ovulation actually occurs... but at the end of the day... proper contraception is required if you don't want babies. ;) Stick with the condom. Have babies when you really want to.

5. privatedancer

privatedancer New Member

There Is No Such Time!

6. YumYumYummyGirl

YumYumYummyGirl New Member

I always figured anytime you spread your legs and have sex unprotected, is a time for the possibility of getting knocked up.

But I don't have to worry about that, because there isn't much chance that my fingers or the phone are going to knock me up.

I wouldn't personally rely on the so called facts of the best times and such to have sex and not getting pregnant, always keep in mind anytime you spill your load or have a load spilt in you theres a chance that in 9 months your going to be changing diapers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.