Portland or area

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by glock27, Jun 25, 2015.

1. glock27

Gold Member

Anyone from the Portland area care to share some details. Will be there soon on a business trip and would like some advice. PM me. Nothing sexual just curious about the area.

HotForHoney likes this.
  2. Englishman

Verified Gold Member

portland UK?

3. glock27

Gold Member

Nope Oregon. It would not let me capatalize OR in the title.

4. sandwich

Gold Member

Oh that sounds fun! I've never been there, but it's on my list of places to go, not because of the city itself, but because of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. I'd put it on the top of my list if I was going. The peak wildflower season has probably passed, but it still should be gorgeous.

If you're into music, you could check out the Gorge Amphitheatre website for its concert schedule. I think the Zac Brown Band will be there. That's county music, and I was at one point checking the band's tour schedule to see which place might be most likely to have a Chris Cornell appearance (he is featured on a recent single of theirs). You already missed the Sasquatch Festival, which I have been dying to go to for so many years.

If you don't like to be outside a lot, then I don't have any suggestions. Have fun!

5. glock27

Gold Member

I am going to go to Mt. St. Helens for sure. Not sure how much time I will have by I want to do all that I can.

6. Erariga_Viro

Gold Member

I'd say check out local restaurants -- like any of them. Personally - if you're looking for something out of the ordinary - I'd say to give Namaste Indian Cuisine a try. Or if you like sushi/sashimi/etc try out Marinepolis Sushi Land. But seriously there's so much great and different food in the area it'd keep a "foodie" happy for years.
    Voodoo Donuts is another popular visitor's stop -- but the lines can be heinous depending on day/time you visit.
    OMSI is pretty damn cool if you like science and stuff like that.
    The Saturday Market down by the Burnside is always fun - lots of great interesting food and cool stuff to look at/buy.
    The zoo -- definitely the zoo. I know that may sound kind of kiddy or whatever, but who doesn't love going to the zoo?!

Quite honestly there's LOTS of stuff to do in the area, so I guess it really depends on what your interest is.

PS - I hope you like "weird" people if you use public transit because Portland is full of 'em. The show Portlandia isn't much of an exaggeration. :D

glock27 and HotForHoney like this.