[Ask a Guy] Polygamy or Monogamy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by laslut, Feb 25, 2015.

1. laslut

laslut Member

Guys have you ever been in a polygamous relationship or do you believe in only reserving yourself for that one special person?

ply likes this.
  2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I believe you mean polyamory or a poly-relationship. Polygamy is having more than one spouse (the practice of which isn't legal in most places that I'm aware of).

And setting aside all the crazy emotional maturity and such required for a successful and healthy poly-relationship, I have to say I'm a One Partner type of guy. I don't need more than one person nagging me to do the chores around the house. :p

HotForHoney likes this.
  3. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I say fuck em all. The long, the short and the tall

CLE32793 and lbushwalker like this.
  4. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Im a one person girl....at a time lol xoxo

CLE32793, lbushwalker and ply like this.
  5. SWOJLO

Gold Member

Monogamy for me. My wife and I met way back in school and I've believed since then that I truly met "the one". For me there is pure beauty in emotionally giving everything you have to somebody. If you can honestly say that, then by definition there is no more to go around. At least at the same level of relationship as a spouse should be. JMO.

CLE32793 likes this.
  6. octavius

Gold Member

In a perfect world we'd all find our life partners and enjoy an ever deepening relationship that helps us grow as people and with each other. I've been living a small town and unfortunately seen a lot of the opposite.

A woman who has been in the same relationship with her now husband since high school and has 3 kids with him. She's a generous giving person and still very attractive (though not 18 anymore). He treats her like shit for 6-8 years giving her not even the slightest amount of support in any facet of her relationship. Terrible sex, emotional abuse, and of course he's not faithful. Eventually he runs offs leaving her with the kids, single and emotionally drained.

With one of the women I asked her about her physical relationship and the guy who ran off never really even kissed her, held her, or met any of her needs physically…he just used her like an object and she accepted it. It makes me soo mad. All she wanted was a family. :( My feeling is come to my house. I'll help raise your kids, support you, and give you the night of your life… life is more complicated than that of course. My wife would have a hard time getting her mind around the idea.

The problem is good guys are hard to find and it makes me sad to think woman like that may not find a man who can make up for some of those wasted years. It is VERY slim pickings in terms of fine male specimens.

My thought is that polygamy would probably allow assholes like that to damage more women, but I'm all for anything that gives women options to get away from situations like that.

7. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

Im monogamous, but as i get older i see it as more of a societal imperative, as opposed to concious choice. Id like to to try a bit of polyamory, but at this point the consequences would be too much to bear

8. 12barblues

Gold Member

Well I'm a little odd here.. I only need one. But we've discussed the possibility of bringing others in for her.. Which we have done already..( to a point)..... She's not as comfortable w sharing me though. But as I said, it's not a big fantasy of mine...

9. sandwich

Gold Member

I have never been into the idea of more than one man. In fact, if I had to do it all over again, I would choose to remain a virgin until marriage. It took me a long time to figure out that my husband was really ready to give his life to just me. We knew each other for a long time before we started dating (I was with my ex during most of that time), and I was well aware of his revolving bedroom door. He is so weird (in a good way). We had more than one wedding ceremony (long story), and we have been legally married for one year now, and it's like he has this never ending fascination with me. It was so unexpected. I'll catch him just staring at me, and I'll ask him about it, and he says he just really enjoys watching me. I mention these things because I was skeptical about committing to anyone after my ex, and now I can't imagine it being any other way. It is quite a vulnerable position to be in when you let someone into your entire life. I know I'm rambling, but I thought I would mention it because some day this might work for you too.

ply and lbushwalker like this.