Plumbers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jack04, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Jack04

Jack04 New Member

hey all
    just wondering what all your opinions are of plumbers, im gonna take an apprenticeship as one in the near future. I know u dont want to offend me but im after your honest opions of them, are they dirty shits who rummage through piss and crap or r they qualified tradesman
    remember be honest i wont hold it against ya
    jack

2. mysticgenie

mysticgenie New Member

I think it is all a matter of how you present yourself. If you want to appear dirty, then you will be, but if you are meticulous in your appearance and keeping yourself clean then no one will regard you as a "dirty shit", but as a qualified tradesman.

3. Jack04

Jack04 New Member

cheers M :)
    jack

4. 82angelfan

82angelfan New Member

Plumbing

Most plumbers in the union start out doing new construction. Not all plumbers clean out stuck toilets. Plumbing involves hot and cold copper water lines, gas lines, roof drains and most airconditioning drain lines. It's a great trade with great benni's; depending on what company you work for. There is a lot of money in service work, but it is dirty, and most of the money goes to the contractor not the plumber.

5. Jack04

Jack04 New Member

thanks man
    im not sure which apprenticeship to take as there r too many :ugh i just though plumbing looked good as u can start your own business, and u can get quite a bit of money, it makes me depressed everytime i think about it :(
    jack