Planning A Sex Party... need your opinions

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Nobody, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody

Nobody Member

OK, so I'm planning to throw a sexual oriented party, a meeting of swingers if you will. All in attendence have been selectively invited by hand and are all active swingers.

I have organized games, events, ice breakers, etc. as well as left plenty of time for whatever people want to do.

My big question at the moment concerns location, and I'm looking for your input; especially if you've organized/hosted a party of your own before.

I'd like to host this in a hotel. Can something like this be hosted in a hotel by booking more than one rented room?

Is hosting in a hotel a mistake? Should I opt for another type of venue? If so what kind of venue would be suitable for this type of event?

Should this be hosted in my home instead?

Thanks for your input.

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Yes it certainly can be hosted in a motel
    But you will need a Suit. And an an extra adjoining room
    would not be a bad idea.
    You would also have to arrange plenty of soap, towels etc.
    and a few roll away beds. Just pull the mattresses of on the floor
    then put the beds in the hall. A large cooler full of ice and mixers
    plenty of cups and plastic plates etc. chips, dips and a veggie tray would be nice
    but not necessary, Oh and specify BYOB you can call out for pizza later.
    And have fun. Been their done that.

Hiker:sf

3. maryf48

maryf48 New Member

Firstly, where is the midwest? I assume that it is in the USA somewhere?
    I am from Australia, and some states in our country are not allowed to use hotels by law, as a venue for adult parties.
    Where I live, which is in Melbourne, we are allowed and I actually attend a swingers Ball called the saints and sinners ball. An average of 1200 people attend and it is the best night you can possibly imagine. They are held every 3 months in various nightclubs and hotels around the city centre.
    My suggestion would be to find out if you can hold these type of functions LEGALLY at hotels/nightclubs. If you are, most hotels/nightclubs will want a minimum of people for you to hire out the whole venue. Another thing is, your location. You need it to be somewhere easily identifiable by all that are attending.
    How many people are you thinking of inviting to this function?
    A themed event would be a better option than games. A lot of people want to get down and into it, not play games. Kids do that.
    OH! actually....... what age group are you looking at, as that will also depend on if there should be games or not. Instead of games, why not have a guest dancer/sex entertainer there? Having an area for dancing is important too. But again, it depends on the numbers you planning are on.
    You have to make sure the venue supplies an alcohol license too. IF its in a hotel, it should be fine BUT some hotels insist that you also hold a liquor license.
    I have a million and one more suggestions here, but until you tell us your numbers it is really hard to help you organise.

It is also best to ask your guests to keep the function a very private conversation. You will be surprised how many gatecrashers will turn up if word gets around.

Good luck

Hugsssssss
    Mary xx

4. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Mary
    Glad to see someone else here that has went to a swingers convention.
    i have been to them in 3 states Michigan, Ohio and Illinois
    and they are a blast, The first one I went in Detroit
    was Hugh, i never got a figure but I would guess 2-3 thousand
    The whole Motel and 2 next door motels were reserved
    for Swingers only and were sold out. But then who needed a
    room as almost every door was open.

Hiker:dgrin

5. maryf48

maryf48 New Member

Hehehehe exactly.

I was just reading through the original post again and I have realised that this is maybe a few couples only function? Am I right?
    If so, you will find that the hotel will not look too kindly on such a function unless you hire out a whole floor or the hotel. Remember, there are other guests staying there as well and may very well frown upon such a gathering.
    Also, the better hotels generally have less noise carriage. So you would need to book into a 5 star hotel. And let's face it, who would attend any function like this that is at a hotel under 5 stars? That would be very very tacky.

Oh and instead of rollaway beds.... they take up too much room and make for lots of tripping on the edges..... Bean bags are an excellent alternative. Have used them many many times. Also are easy to clean and replace.

hugsssss
    Mary xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.