Pill-free interval.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by laura, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura

laura New Member

Hello, people. I am very glad I found this forum and I hope that the answers given here are reliable.
    My question is about the contraceptive pill. Do I have to stop taking it for a month or two per year or is this just a myth?
    Thank you!

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

That is a myth. Most doctors do not recommend you staying on them for years at a time, but actually do recommend you using them on a regular basis. As for myself, my body gets immune to the pills after 10 to 12 months. My cycle gets out of wack & have to go off of them for a couple months. I was told that my case wasn't all that common since I have a other women problems on top of that. I for one don't take the pill to keep from being pregnant, I take them to stay regular. Since I was diagnosed with the fact that there is a very small chance of me ever getting pregnant, obviously I don't need to worry about that aspect of the pill.

My suggestion to you is find out what your Doctor wants you to do. Most likely they will tell you to keep taking them until a problem arises.
    Hope this helps you & Good luck to you!
    BTW, welcome to the board!:D

3. laura

laura New Member

Re:

Thank you Shellen. :) I read your reply right away but I didn't have the time to post until now.
    I don't want to stop the pills for a couple of months for two reasons:
    1) I want to benefit from the contraceptive effect all the time. I don't know if I am sterile or not but I don't want to find out right now so I want to stik to the pill.
    2) Last year, I stopped taking it for two months. When I started again, I had drops of blood during the whole month. Then, I got used to the pill again and the bleeding stopped. So, if the pill-free months are not necessary, why stop taking the pill now that I got used to it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.