Piercings?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by spazgurl26, May 15, 2011.

1. spazgurl26

spazgurl26 New Member

I am thinking about getting my nipples pierced. But not sure about the pain behind it. I am looking for anyone who has this done or knows someone who does. What is the pain amount? Side effects? I've done some online research but it's always better to get opinions from people who have had it done.

2. Kermit

Gold Member

the person to ask is Awakened. She has pix of her nipples pieced and had a vid up for a lil bit of her actually getting them pierced

3. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

mine are pierced. It definatly hurts but the pleasure once it heals is worth it. Wearing a bra, hugs & speedbumps are uncomfortable for a while. Just make sure to go to a reputable shop to get it done. Also if the antibactieral soap is to harsh (which it was for me) you can use a natural body wash from the body shop. I think the one I used was coconut.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

I've had mine pierced since I was 18, I'm going on 23 now. It hurt a good bit, nothing that stays though. Putting the jewelry in actually hurt worse then the piercing itself.

For the first week or so wearing a bra and driving (seat belts) were quite unbearable.

As far as cleaning? Unlike what the above poster said, using body wash is not something you should use. Especially a scented body wash in any form. The piercing shop will give you a salt water based cleaning product or offer it to you for a small fee, buy it, use it. If you don't want to spend the 10 bucks on their cleaner, go to your local drug store and buy Bactein. It's an antimicrobial spray used for cleaning cuts and such. Green cap. Costs around 5 dollars and it will last you a GOOD while. I've used that on all 22, yes 22 of my body piercings.

Also, if you start to notice oozing (which sometimes happen) or green crusty stuff on the ring/bar, DO NOT thing that you're infected and DO NOT PUT NEOSPORIN ON IT! That is the biggest no-no of piercings that a lot of new people are mislead to believe. Saltwater solution will help clear it up. Germ killing gels for cuts and scraps will actually trap the infection IN the piercing.

Do not under any circumstances remove your piercing for at least the first 6 months. It can and will close up if removed for too long of a period. After six months, you can take them out (one at a time) long enough to do a quick rub down to clean or change them out.

I suggest getting first pierced with a loop (even though the bars look way better :p) because it allows for easier cleaning and doesn't get caught on everything unlike a bar does. Lace bras, lace bath sponges, frilly nighties, with bars they can all get caught and pulled on. It's not fun, it's not pleasant and as someone who's made that mistake, I advice against trying it out Lol

I'm not sure where you live or if you've gotten any other type of body piercings before but something I suggest as others have mentioned is going to a well known piercing/tattoo shop.
    Things to look for?

CLEAN & WELL LIT rooms.
    Tattoo or Piercing certification ON DISPLAY in the room.
    Everything MUST be new and unused and OPENED IN FRONT OF YOU.

If they open something and have it laying out before you walk into the piercing room? Run, don't walk, out of that building. Clamps, needles, jewelry and wipes must all be new and in medically sealed packages. You can (and they can NOT refuse you) request to see a license if not displayed. You can also request new packages to be opened in front of you.

Try not to visit any tourist traps. The shops will charge a lot more then anywhere else. A normal body piercing at most shops runs between 35 and 50 dollars. A double piercing (your nipples) will run you between 70 and 100 at any GOOD shop.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. As you can see, I like piercings ^_^

5. spazgurl26

spazgurl26 New Member

Thanks guys for the info. yes I can tell you do like them. I've never had anything pierced before but my other half asked if I would consider getting my nipples done and my eyebrow. I said I would do the research and think on it before I jump to do anything. It's my body and I really want to think before doing something to it but am also intrigued at the idea as well.

6. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

the product i was talking about was in no way a regular body wash. Its a totally natural product from the body shop that has natural anti-bacterial stuff in it. The products that they offer at the shop or at the drugstore are just to harsh for some peoples skin. It totally dried out my nipples & i went back to the tattoo shop & this is what they suggested. Of course you shouldnt use anything with perfumes or un-natural scents, thats not at all what i was suggesting. I have alot of piercings as well & was only giving an account of what happened to me.

7. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

this is the product I used & say what you want but it healed right up & the dryness went away & my nipples have been pierced for 10 years with no further problems.

Coconut Shower Cream from www.thebodyshop-usa.com

How it works:
    Lathers up in the shower to leave the skin
    feeling clean, soft and deliciously fragranced
    with the tropical scent of coconut.
    Organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community
    Trade coconut oil softens and conditions skin.
    Sunflower oil provides additional moisture
    for a velvety smooth finish.

When applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil
    forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from
    outside dust, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil speeds up the
    healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues.
    From: 6 Healthy Uses for Coconut Oil | Care2 Healthy & Green Living

#7 HisLilSecret, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  8. Mittimer

Gold Member

Under no circumstances was I trying to downplay what you said. :) I just misinterpreted what you said thinking it was a perfumed body wash. I apologize.

9. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

no problem. Its never easy to convey tone over the internet.