Physical Fitness and Libido

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Rose, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I am very much into keeping my physical appearance and stamina in check. It seems that working out makes me more aware of my own body, and more in touch with all aspects of it. I have found that when I allow my metabolism to slow down, I am not nearly as interested in sex as I am when I look and feel good.
    I guess my question is - does anyone else have any experience with this observation. Perhaps if I was younger (like most posters here), my physical fitness would not matter that much. I'd just be plain horney :lol Now, if I find I am lacking in sexual interest, I just work out a little more, and my libido seems to increase tremendously. I was wondering if it is more related to my age.

2. Eros

Eros New Member

I feel a very real and direct link between working out and my libido. I think it is multifactorial though - 1) healthy body, healthy libido, 2) if you feel in shape you feel sexy and you want sex, and 3) working out releases natural endorphines and hormones. The testosterone level is enhanced (in both sexes) with exercise - especially anaerobic weight lifting of the legs. I have found that since I have gained more muscle mass I have less insecurity about my body and am much more sexually oriented than I was in college when I was younger. I am 5'11'' and in college I was 150lbs and a 32in waist. Now I am 190lbs and a 34 in waist. My wife's libido is the most exercise oriented of anyone I know - she is also super sensitive about weight - the moment some inperceptible amount of fat is registered by her brain her libido drops. No amount of compliments helps - so I take her to the gym. We both are usually more in the mood after a gym work out too - ahh those wonderful endorphines =0)

3. screamingeagle

screamingeagle New Member

I'm a single male, but still get horny after a workout. Sometimes, I will need to stop at the grocery store after my trip to the gym. I feel like the whole world knows I have an erection when I'm shopping!

I ususally workout 3 to 4 days per week. My libido seems to increase on the days that I workout. My "alone time" is also VERY pleasurable on my workout days.

Here's a related article:
    "Break out of your sex slump; seven ways to conquer a lagging libido - Sexuality"

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_6_18/ai_86233364

Excerpt:
    "7 Shape up. Physical fitness is important for sexuality, for two reasons. First, multiple studies have found that regular exercise boosts mood and energy levels. Second, when you look better, you feel better about yourself. Researchers at the Duke University Diet and Fitness Center found that people who had lost moderate amounts of weight experienced significant increases in sexual desire. And in a study at the University of California at Los Angeles, when a group of men exercised strenuously for an hour three days a week for nine months, they reported a jump in sexual desire, fewer sexual problems and more pleasure from orgasm."

This article talks about men's fitness and libido. I suspect that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.