phallophobia?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by lyssamay, Apr 28, 2007.

1. lyssamay

lyssamay New Member

i don't know why but i cannot stand penis.

i like sex because it usually doesnt involve me having to look at or touch a penis, and i like having it inside me but when it comes to blowjobs and handjobs i am just utterly afraid.

i actually feel sick to the stomach and rather turned off when i see a penis (esp. erect).
    when my bf tries to get me to give him a handjob i am really reluctant. He is kind and guides me but as soon as i feel it in my hand it disgusts me and i have to let go.

i think i like guys, i'm not sure though. but i really wish i could get over this fear because it means i can't return favours that guys give me and it makes me feel really selfish.
    Apart from that, i have no other desire to touch/ suck on a penis.

is something that everyone experiences at first? will i overcome this with time and/or practise or is this seriously abnormal?

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

This is something very new to me , so i am sorry that i have no real answers for you sadly :(

But whilst looking on the internet about this fear of erect penis

i found that maybe a Hypnotherapy clinic could be a great option for you to get help to over come this.

3. riteman8

riteman8 New Member

My gf hates giving me hand jobs and blow jobs. She doesn't hate penis but she doesn't really like them. Two weeks ago we got the idea that we were going to have a threesome when we met a really hot girl. After we did we found out that she likes pussy more than dick. She LOVES sex with me but now likes to play with pussy. I would suggest that b/c now my girl don't have to touch me and she found something we both reslly like.

4. hotstuff6900

hotstuff6900 New Member

Hopefully you will overcome this. I love cock. Period. In my mouth, hand, and especially my pussy.

5. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

This is a very personal question but in the past were you ever assulted by a man? I have no personal experience with phallophobia but heard of a girl who developed it after she was assulted and a man forced her to give him a blowjob. If your fear is linked to an event in your past, hypnotherapy, or a psychologist (many are qualified hypnotharapists) can help you work towards overcoming your fear.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

Any form of physical or psychological agression whether experienced or observed could lead to this state. For example, if one had a father who was emotionally sexually demanding towards ones mother. Indeed, if one felt that the father was sexually demanding, when in fact he wasn't because both parents were quite sexual.

There could be many permutations of real or imagined events that could trigger this, and counselling with a qualified clinical psychologist may help uncover the issue.

7. Bluesy

Gold Member

I was wondering the same thing. This seems like it would be a sexual abuse issue, but I'm sure there are other plausible explanations. Whatever the cause, I'm also inclined to think that counseling would be beneficial. Let us know how you decide to deal with this and keep us updated, OK?

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I guess I can consider myself lucky then. I was sexually assaulted/abused by my step-father but I didn't develop this condition. I don't fear penises or hate the sight of them but neither do I find pictures of them to be a big turn on. Usually whenever we get a new cock picture on the forums, my first thought is, "Yup, it's a cock alright." However, I love my SO's cock.

I guess I always known that my step father's (invasive, unwanted) penis does not represent all penises.

9. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

My sympathy puss in boots. but you also seem to have kept your head screwd on.

Anyway my gf hates giving me blowjobs and hands jobs yet again likes the sex, apart from when it hurts, which is almost all the time now. But she does want it inside of her, and she gets turned on from looking at it. But she originally had the fear of giving hand jobs and blowjobs because she was scared that shed do it crap and id judge her off it. Well thats what she told me anyway, could this be the same issue with you but on a higher level where you freeze at the thought of it?

I saw this thing on you tube once. It was that american talk show host murray, and he was dealing wtih a girl that had a terrible fear of pickels. i mean she went nuts when they were in the room. They took her to a pickle factory and they had to drag her in. She was saying that she hated the smeel, the texture, the shape.. then it got me thinking, did she get sexually abused by a guy with a pickle?

maybe you are just gay, but you'd know that answer better