Personal Vices

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Kermit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

We've all got our own personal vices (either minor or major), hell i have a personal philosophy "don't trust anyone who doesn't have at least one minor vice." So what vices do you have?

Current Vices: Smoking, Peeling Stuff (like paint or wax), soda

Former Vices: Self-Mutilation, Alcohol, Marijuana

I still miss the first two but it's a sacrifice i made for my wife

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

Adreneline....and the dangerous stuff it take to get it pumping, sport bikes, quads, skiing black diamonds (backwards), playing hockey, repelling, surfing, speed speed speed.

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

*Smoking while drinking
    *Drinking too much in one sitting
    *Eating too much
    *Being bitchy just because I can

4. Rozenkavalier

Rozenkavalier New Member

Is multiple sex partners a vice?

5. Kermit

Gold Member

No, it's a hobby

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Then I have a passionate hobby too and but also several vices.
    Like backcheck64 I am an adrenaline junkie; rock climbing, mountain climbing, abseiling, white water rafting, parachuting, sex, sex and more sex........
    Then there are the ultimate ones; Cabernet-Savignon/Cabernet-Malbec/Cabernet-Shiraz,
    cheeses and women!

7. IloveSex415

IloveSex415 New Member

Weed, TV, procrastinating, Facebook lol

8. luvbug

Gold Member

chocolate....gotta have my chocolate

weed---when i have a bad ass headache that meds wont touch

music....gotta have my music

9. audioerotica

audioerotica New Member

Sam Adams!!!!!!!!

:toast

10. Kermit

Gold Member

Y'know chocolate is fixin to get unaffordable in 20 years right?

11. Rodeoclown

Rodeoclown New Member

Weed gueetar surfin skatin and of course fuckn!

12. luvbug

Gold Member

Dont tell me that!!! :eek:lol

13. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

I don't know if I have anything that's really a VICE, but I'd have to say "Feeling Sexy" is probably my biggest one. I love to feel sexy. I don't need attention from other people; but shaving my legs in the morning, putting on some slutty lingerie, then my boring work attire over it makes me feel sexy all day; and I love it. Wearing and doing all the things that drive my man wild make me feel incredibly sexy. If I had a vice, I think that would be it.

And a couple of my sex toys. That shit's just handy.

14. HardRocker

Gold Member

I ripped this definition off so as to clarify what a vice actually is:

Vice is a practice or a habit considered immoral, depraved, and/or degrading in the associated society. In more minor usage, vice can refer to a fault, a defect, an infirmity, or merely a bad habit. Synonyms for vice include fault, depravity, sin, iniquity, wickedness, and corruption. The modern English term that best captures its original meaning is the word vicious, which means "full of vice". In this sense, the word vice comes from the Latin word vitium, meaning "failing or defect". Vice is the opposite of virtue.

15. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

Ah... in that case, my vice is most definitely high-profile corporate espionage.

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

Wah?!?! [​IMG]

Please explain that to me.

Oh, and my vices are emotional eating and herb.

17. Kermit

Gold Member

Posted on Mon, Nov. 15, 2010
    Will the cost of chocolate rise out of reach?
    By JANE GLENN HAAS
    The Orange County Register
    The WomanSage Buncoettes were holding their monthly party - a gala that includes food, conversation and tossing the dice around - when a few of us noticed an overabundance of chocolate in the evening's hostess offerings.

Chocolate crisps. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Chocolate chips and M&Ms in abundance in the peanut trail mix.

"Eat up, ladies," one of the Buncoettes said. "In 20 years, chocolate will cost as much as caviar."

What was she saying?

Twenty years seems a long time away to worry about a candy bar going from a dime to $40, as this woman claimed.

Besides, I said, the government won't let that happen.

Some things are sacred to the American way of life: Military defense, medical care, Social Security and chocolate.

Ah, but our reliance on chocolate to soothe our spirits in good times and bad might, indeed, be threatened.

Last year, we consumed 3 billion pounds of chocolate, which seems like a lot but falls short of the Europeans who eat more of the stuff than we do.

If it were just the French, I'd say that's a comment on their always depressing lifestyle. But that forces me to admit that when the French rioted over raising their pension age to 62 from 60 they lost my empathy. Not that I ever felt particularly sorry for the French, but let's move on.

To return to the price of chocolate, the fact is the cost of cocoa has doubled in the past two years. Indeed, demand has exceeded supply.

Part of this has to do with some reforms in the cocoa bean countries that, frankly, we should applaud. Changes in child labor laws and exploitation of labor.

But then there is the soil erosion and other natural forces at work.

Tim Wall, of Discovery News, points out that chocolate was once the drink of Mayan and Aztec kings and, if prices continue to soar, cocoa could be the food of kings again.

Chocolate could become as rare as caviar, says John Mason of the Ghana-based Nature Conservation Research Council. Which means chocolate treats could become unaffordable for the average person.

The price of cocoa, the raw ingredient for chocolate, has been skyrocketing in international markets, Wall says. Demand for dark chocolate, which uses more cocoa, has helped fuel price increases.

Cocoa trees originally came from the rainforests of the Americas. They live naturally for up to a century in the shady understory of biodiverse forests. The cocoa beans ripen in pods on the trees.

But modern cultivation techniques including the techniques used in the Ivory Coast countries that are the major cocoa producers call for clearing rain forests and planting the trees in the full sun. This limits their lifespan to about 30 years and means the farmers must constantly replenish the forests.

It's important to know that Ivory Coast cocoa farmers earn less than $1 a day, according to Tony Lass, chairman of the Cocoa Research Association. So they are leaving the farms for the cities where they can earn more.

Wall says candymakers need to share more of their profits with the cocoa farmers. And the farmers need to change the way they grow cocoa trees. Both those objectives are admirable but are certainly long-term.

Would you be surprised to learn the commodity traders the folks who buy and sell stuff to make money are already in the cocoa business? In July, a British investor bought enough cocoa beans to make 5.3 billion quarter-pound chocolate bars. The beans are stored in British warehouses.

When the commodity traders get involved, price increases aren't far behind.

So there you are: Armed with the facts.

You can take action by writing Hershey's and Reese's and all the other chocolate makers and demand they do something now so our grandchildren can enjoy cheap chocolate.

Or you can ignore the mounting evidence of the obesity crisis in America and just eat more chocolate.

Frankly, nothing gets me through blue days more than non-fat yogurt sprinkled with crumbled Reese's pieces. And I can't imagine a better way to celebrate a good day than with a bowl of non-fat yogurt sprinkled with crumbled Reese's pieces.

Yes, I see the idiocy of non-fat yogurt and candy but I give myself credit for cutting calories somewhere.

Chocolate the price of caviar? What will we turn to in times of despair or moments of triumph? Please don't tell me celery and carrots.

(Contact Jane Glenn Haas: jghaas@cox.net)

18. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

Though well-written, this is alarmist nonsense. There was one really useful piece of information in that article...

This is the only negative-affecting factor involved that could bring about significant change that was mentioned. And it WILL NOT bring about significant negative change.

This is the same philosophy as the diamond market. Buy up all of the diamonds you can. Stockpile them in a given location. Lie about how rare they are and how few of them everyone has in order to cause "limited supply" to have an inflation effect on pricing due to consistent demand.

People want what you have. If you tell them you don't have a lot, AND other people want it too; then they'll pay more for it.

The problem is that this cannot work in a market where your target source is a perishable good: like Cocoa. You can't keep them safely stored for years at a time like precious raw metals or stones. At least not in a cost-effective manner. They'll rot. So any attempt to do so would cause an EXTREMELY TEMPORARY increase in market cost. We're talking a couple of months at the most. After the increase, the buyer will have to either flood the market again with what he's stored, or lose it all to waste AND all the money he spent to buy it. (Which he'll NEVER let happen)

The problem comes when people see and Extremely Temporary Increase in an oscillation pattern, and start to speculate what would happen if that just kept increasing. It's the same with the Ridiculous global warming alarmists. What if it just keeps increasing?! Well... it won't. Because it can't.

In my car I accelerate and decelerate with a very consistent relationship between the two. Invariably, at the end of the day, my car is stopped and parked outside the house. When I speed up, I AM going to slow down. I have to. That's physics. Put one of these alarmists in my passenger seat after the light turns green: and what does he say???
    "Oh My GOD! Look at the Speedometer!!! It's going up! What if it keeps going and going and going?! We'll be out of control at 45 hundred miles per hour!"
    "Calm down, Short-Sighted Nit-Wit. Look at the big picture. We're going to be slowing down in a minute; there's another red light."

This is global economics. This is "global warming". This is the "ammunition scarcity nightmare". This is The Alarmists. It's a temporary increase in Overall Entropy of the system. It WILL calm down and normalize. That's what it does. That's what it's always done. That's what it will always do.

Chocolate will always be affordable to everyone. It has to be. There's a global market for it. That guy who plants trees with 1/3 of the life-span? That's not a problem. He planted each tree incredibly logistically for maximum crop production. It produces probably double or triple the cocoa of that other tree, and probably does it twice as fast. Oh, and there's not five of them per farm anymore. There's eleven-hundred and thirteen. And they're cheaper to replace than their menial but consistent labor that they will NEVER have a shortage of. You know why? Because if they feel they are underpaid, I can DOUBLE 100 of their salaries per year for less than the price of 15 of my trees (each that produce 15,000 times their annual salary every month).

Don't listen to the alarmists. They spew nonsense that doesn't compute. Very nearly without exception.

~Steve

19. Kermit

Gold Member

Glad everything will be okay for chocolate lovers. I had heard this first on CNN but maybe it was just based on an article speculation that was printed

20. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

lol, it'll all be fine. Really. They're telling you that Global Chocolate prices have doubled, but you can still get a Wendy's Frosty for a dollar. Come on.

~Steve