Period nearly every week?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by queen cat, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queen cat

queen cat New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Not sure what to do, I`ve been on the pill since I was 14 and im now going on 23.

I am curious to whether it is causing my body any harm, and if there is a safe why to change to condoms only sex?

Ive been on the pill LONG before I was sexually active, and am not sure how to proceed.

Bit nervous about seeing Doc or nurse about this, since I hate blood tests, and my docs use any excuse to do one.

any advice etc?

Oh yeah, I feel very drained as my peroids are VERY irregular and sometimes one a week for three weeks! :mad
  2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Aug 25, 2003
    It sounds like you're going through the exact same thing I was dealing with at one point. I've learned through out the years that my body gets immune to the drugs, so my periods end up getting irregular & to the point that I was having my period every other week or at least spotting once per week. I went to my Doctor & they changed my pills. No blood tests or anything: never had a had a blood test for being on the pill. I was on that pill for about a year or so and the same thing happened. I tend to go through this every year to year & a half.
    I know that you don't want to go to the Doctor, but maybe just a quick call to them explaining the situation? I've done that before & my Dr called in a new prescription to my local Pharmacy for new meds.

Hope this helps you & Good Luck to you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.