People that are nervous talking about sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sexisgood, Oct 11, 2007.

1. sexisgood

sexisgood New Member

I would put 90% of guys (at least) in the category where they talk about sex, they make sex related jokes, they talk about girls in sexual ways, etc. I have this one friend though, a good friend, and he is very nervous about the whole subject. Now, he wants a gf, he wants children (that is what he talks about all the time), but whenever this subject comes up, he is nervous and embarassed to talk about it. So what's the deal? I don't see the big deal.

2. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Most men NEVER talk about sex. They joke about sex. They brag about sex. They NEVER NEVER talk about sex. Women do. They talk with each other about how it feels, what he did and what she did. They talk about what kind of lube they did or did not use. They spend hours in conversations like that. Men would rather be beat with a club then talk about things like this with another man. A man talk is like "Hay, Judy gave me some last night!" and that is it. Conversation done. Here on the www we do but not in person.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

It's funny, now too long ago, I posted a similar thread. I was wondering why my friends never talked about sex and got uptight when I did. I think the thread was called, "Are We Normal?" or something like that.

4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Bring him to this forum, there he's gotta talk about sex in a non-jokey way.

My girlfriend likes to talk during sex, last night she called me from a motel. :p

5. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

I don't know if that was a joke or not but it gave me my first laugh today!!:):lol

6. sexisgood

sexisgood New Member

Ok, its the joking and bragging that is not there. Not just that, he doesn't look at women in a sexual manner like most guys do. (he is not gay) He talks about having children a lot and a family.(he is 22) So if I asked what he thought of a certain girl, he'll say he doesn't look at women like that mostly..personality is very important, etc And the whole subject embarasses him and makes him nervous. So its this whole thing about the subject. I'm not surprised he doesn't want to talk about an actual event or what not, but its all this stuff.

7. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Could he be a virgin? It's difficult (and uncomfortable) to talk about something like that if you've never done it.

8. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, upbringing has a lot to do with it. I had a hard time talking about sex, before I found out that sex isn't dirty of bad, or only something married people did.

9. Bluesy

Gold Member

What I want to know is, why does it bother you so much? He sounds like a shy, sensitive guy, and perhaps sex is an extremely personal subject where he's concerned. This is not at all atypical for men. Most guys get squeamish talking about reproductive issues with their own doctors, and Americans are notoriously closed-mouthed about sex.

Frankly, he sounds like a pretty good guy. He doesn't leer at women, he doesn't brag about sexual exploits, he doesn't crack bawdy jokes, he refuses to make lewd comments about women...*gasp*...why, he's a fucking gentleman! Well hot damn, they aren't a myth after all.

So, uh, how old is this friend of yours and where does he live? :brow

10. On_Top

On_Top New Member

My girl friends never talk about sex. If they do, it's how much of a whore so-and-so is for having sex. Or it's a really lame joke.
    I have a female friend who is the hottest girl ever, guys would cut off limbs to be with her, but she doesn't give oral and nor does she want it. She thinks it's filthy and gross. If she's a little bit tipsy, she may give some detail into her sex life, but she's the only one of my female friends who divulges that much.
    You're not alone.

11. Ryan102

Ryan102 New Member

How close are you to your friend? maybe he doesnt feel comfy discussing it with you because you are newly frends.... i dunno.....my best friend was somewhat similar to yours he met this girl in January 2003. on the internet they met no more than 2 or 3 times (she was fro arkansas and he was from Tx) and then She moved down here in october 2003... Talk about a quick marriage!! they then had a daughter in November of 2004..... i just imagine your friend wants to settle down like my friend did...who knows though:ugh

good luck :)