People, please relax a bit....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Doitagain, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

I am not sure what is going on but I see a lot of arguing on this site and leaving or whatever. This is an open forum but I do not see the point in people arguing and people taking sides and such. N o matter what it's an opinion so give it or not but there is no reason to keep at it. Agree to disagree and move on. Also , take what people say with a grain of salt. Not everyone is going to agree and you may not get any feedback or the feedback yoy ate looking for. It doesn't mean that no one agrees. I definitely am on the " 20%" on a few things and people don't understand or agree but I'm not going to argue. I'll try and explain then meh...I tried.

Remember this : things do not always translate well through text. People cannot not see your facial expressions and punctuation can change a lot lol. Just relax people. It's a sex forum. Fuck don't fight... that is all

2. JonJo

Gold Member

I understand what you are saying Doitagain and why you are saying it - but there is a big difference between a heated discussion between friends and an argument, although friends can argue without it (necessarily) spoiling the friendship.

Agree to disagree and move on is a formula for nothing being resolved; sinking into complacency thinking 'what's the point in saying anything'. It can even be a form of condescension.

If you have to doubt (take with a pinch of salt) what people say in a serious thread then why bother reading anything and if they are not going to tell the truth why do they bother posting.
    If that is (in truth) what is happening on this forum then that is a reason I would leave, more than any discussion/argument.

It is indeed a sex forum therefore shouldn't all aspects of sex be discussed, openly and honestly, heated or otherwise?

"Fuck don't fight" Was just what the last outburst, which I think prompted you post, was about - it promoted the idea that being slapped across the face, beaten into bloody submission, choked and just 'taken' was a valid part of fucking, even of being 'loved' - if that isn't a cause for heated discussion then I don't know what will be.

Married M Nh and Joys like this.
  3. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

I honestly don't fully understand your response. With my " fuck don't fight" I was trying to be funny. And what I am talking about are arguments not just a discussion. People deleting accounts and threads arguing on what they ment by their reply not actually discussing the thread itself. And it seems like some are going past giving their opinions and discussing, seems more like people trying to convince someone they ate wrong or right depending on the situation. Either way, my opinion. And you have to see that there has been a rash of threads like this and peo pl Le deleting their accounts. None of which sound friendly to me

4. Rosa_g

make love not war :D

5. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

And why should sex have heated discussion s? It's not political

loves2ride and Married M Nh like this.
  6. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Lol that is what I meant by my closing comment. I was just trying to be funny. Loosin up. It's sex. I'm not trying to elect the super Sargent of sexual police

loves2ride likes this.
  7. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Maybe in 4-5 days!

Joys, Rosa_g, JonJo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Joys

Verified Gold Member

I agree to that but not to the thinking 'what's the point in saying anything'... you can't just leave the subject because you can't make the other to agree to your thoughts.
    Compromise....

10_3XL and Doitagain like this.
  9. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

But nothing is supposed to be resolved. It's a place for opinions and knowledge. Saying something needs to be resolved means there was a problem that needed to be resolved. So yes, give your honest opinion and people can accept it or not but nothing needs to be resolved. That's where arguments start.

loves2ride, Joys and luvbug like this.
  10. Joys

Verified Gold Member

That's what I meant by "compromise". We're not here to resolve things or in a deep philosophical discussion. We all have opinions to ourselves others may or may not agree. We don't need to make them agree, but we can try to understand and compromise. Maybe I used the wrong word

loves2ride likes this.
  11. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

No you did fine. I just don't agree on how JonJo looks at it. I just saw you agreed with his statement and I just cannot wrap my mind around how serious this has gotten. I apologize if I came off wrong. The wheels have fallen off here. Lost a couple interesting people. I'd rather not lose more. I like the variety of input. I like the thought of a variety input into my girlfriend ;-). See what I did there? Lol

loves2ride likes this.
  12. Joys

Verified Gold Member

I agreed to his statement as I understood as agree to disagree may lead to not discussing anything at all.

13. Rosa_g

there are certain members on here are like a dog with a bone, all add's to the fun and diversity I suppose lol

lets start on religion :eek:

14. CaramelLady

They did Rosa. My dumb ass stayed out of that one too. I do not have the intellect or writing skills to properly pull reasonable thoughts together. I am going to go play in the sandbox.

15. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Lol nice. They always say " never discuss religion or politics while drinking". Does that hold the here? Last drunk ool

AtkCCC likes this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I've always heard the Three Taboo Topics are Sex, Politics, and Religion... (And we've already had a mass amount of fuckery going on over religion elsewhere on here. Let's NOT bring that one up again)

It's disappointing that we've lost a few newer members from the recent volatile discussions. However, I don't see where they were being bullied or driven away; I disagree with those who think that is what occurred. All involved were stating their opinions/beliefs and it was due to the subject matter that it was hard to keep it calm and collected. You can't post an explosive topic like the one I believe is being referenced and not expect to get burned a bit - maybe even lose a finger or two. The lesson I take from it is: Don't state your honest opinion if you don't want honest answers and discussion.

Should we all relax on here? In some instances, sure - but generally this is one of the most laid-back, open, and accepting places I've found to socialize. The only times things elevate and get heated are when (like I said above) the subject matter more or less dictates that is the only eventuality possible.

I've said enough. Not even sure I'm saying what needs to be said.

17. bettyisback

^^^^^ funny shit

Doitagain likes this.
  18. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

My post? The thread in general? I'm not really sure I see too much funny... :confused:

loves2ride likes this.
  19. bettyisback

Oh just reminiscing about my warm welcome and the one extended to my partner. Hey ho.

luvbug, sparklez and Doitagain like this.
  20. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Ah, yes... Well. No comment on that mess. Glad you stuck around, though. I know at least I have re-evaluated and reformed my opinions of you. (For what miniscule amounts that matters/counts.) :rolleyes: :p :)

luvbug and Doitagain like this.