Penis Abrasions

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by s1ng1nf00l, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

This is kind of embarrasing, but I'm very scared of it at the same time. Since the beginning of this summer, I've realized that I've had raw skin at the base of my penis. It's always itchy, but when I scratch it, the skin breaks, and I bleed. It gets worse every time I masturbate, and I'm trying to stop for about a week, but it's so hard. I get so horny, and can't control it... But then I always suffer in the end and regret doing it... What's the best thing I can do? I have tried masturbating lightly, and masturbating by just rubbing the head, but I think what causes the abrasions to get worse is when the skin stretches when I become erect...

2. Antinomy

Antinomy New Member

You realize this isn't normal, right? As long as you aren't doing something weird, there is no way masturbation can be causing that. The same thing goes for having erections.

It has been going on since the beginning of summer. It is time to see a doctor.

3. blade

blade New Member

yeh..it could be a dermatological problem...maby with the underwear or pant you wear? definitely see a dermatologist...and sometimes it could be caused by stuff accumalating after masturbation....or something

4. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

well... I'm gonna really try to go on masturbation abstibance for a week or two, and see if it makes a difference... Hopefully it does... Otherwise, I guess I will have to see a doctor.

5. touchzing

touchzing New Member

I agree with the others it sounds more like a medical problem unassociated with you masturbation unless you are doing something really weird when you masturbate.

6. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

I think what it is, is that it's cuts from something, I don't know, and when I masturbate, it just aggravates it...

7. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Have you had any sexual encounters, either oral, anal, or vaginal within 6 months before the raw skin started to appear?

8. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Read ALL of this, you could have a Dry Skin problem down there.

Dry skin can be a real problem, especially on delicate areas like the penis. It requires a number of modifications to help get better. Here are some hints that should help with dry skin:

1. Do not use soap. Water, or even better, a gentle cleaning lotion, will clean this area. Don't rub, which damages already fragile skin. Pat clean, then pat dry.

2. Do not use hot water. Take cool-slightly warm showers. (Won't be as enjoyable a shower experience, but it will be a shorter one. That will save water and energy as well as protect you from the harsh, drying effects of heat.)

3. Avoid harsh laundry detergents and, especially, bleach. Wash your dainties and at least one towel with something mild, like Ivory Snow. Don't use scented products like fabric softener. Use all cotton underwear.

4. Use non-scented, hypoallergenic lotions.

5. Pay careful attention to increase in irritation after using any product, including spermicide or latex condoms. Latex is a COMMON allergen--if you're using latex condoms you might want to try polypropylene. Remember, natural skin condoms don't adequately prevent HIV.

6. If you're not using condoms, you should. But if you're still not, any product used by the women you have sex with, or even vaginal secretions could potentially be irritating to you.

7. Make sure your penis is protected from extremes of heat and cold and drying sun or wind. If your house is heated and very dry in the winter, add a humidifier, especially to your bedroom air.

8. Make sure clothes don't rub.

Other conditions can easily be mistaken for dry skin include allergic reactions and eczema (including atopic dermatitis). These would be particularly likely if the area is itchy. A brief course of topical corticosteroid cream prescribed by the doctor might improve the rash, aiding in the diagnosis that it's NOT just dry skin (though it wouldn't diagnose eczema. Other conditions might improve with steroid cream, and fungal infections might get worse.) You might also try and see if any particular food or medication cause this area to get worse.

And if you have any doubts as to the diagnosis, ask the doctor for a referral to a dermatologist.

9. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

Thank you so much! Those are very helpful tips and suggestions, and I will try to follow each one. BTW, I am still a virgin in nearly every way, so a STD is not possible at this point. I think it may be a rash or something because it itches like CrAzY!!! But it's also dry, and the skin is all cracked... What may have happened, is that some sort if infection got into the cracked skin or something... Do you think that's possible?

10. Antinomy

Antinomy New Member

Yes, that is possible.

You really should quit frigging around with this.

11. touchzing

touchzing New Member

Still a good idea to see a doctor and have it checked out

12. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Don't kid yourself ... Just because you are a virgin it doesn't mean you couldn't have contracted an STD, because you can receive STDs from oral sex.

13. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

No... I mean, a virgin to basically everything so far, meaning no sex of any kind, shape, or form... I found this really good cream that so far is working really well... It said it speeded the healing process for abrasions, and diaper rash and stuff like that, so I decided to buy it, and so far, it's really helped to make the skin less dry. It doesn't hurt or itch anymore except for this one little spot that hasn't healed yet, but I have a feeling that it will all be healed really soon. Anyway, I will keep everyone updated, I guess, lol...

14. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

I went to the doctor finally about these "wounds," and it turns out that they are fungi. He gave me a special perscription for a cream I have to put on three times a day, and a powder spray. The stuff really seems to be working so far. The skin has gotten super dry, and flaky, but I think that's a good sign for this medicine.

15. -G-

-G- New Member

my roomate in college had a case of what the doctor called crotch rot. It was basically athletes foot but in his crotch lol. The doctor told him to put on his socks before his underware and not spludging into used socks lmao. Glad to hear you are getting better....

16. touchzing

touchzing New Member

s1ng1nf00l, I am glad you went to the doctor, has the fungus gone away?

17. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

lol... that's what I've heard it called too! "Crotch Rot!" lol... but I don't jack off into socks, I do it into a tissue, or directly into the toilet or down the shower drain. Anyway, he gave me some creme to put on, and since that wasn't working out too well because I kept scratching it, he also recommended that I buy some perscription strength Jock itch spray. I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see how the spray turns out... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.