Partner's accent a turn-on/off?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Gregorius_Praesul, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Gregorius_Praesul

Gregorius_Praesul New Member

In this day and age, people are mobile like they've never been before - we as moderns have opportunities to meet (and potentially bed) people from all around the globe without a second thought. This comes with the added boon (or, in some cases, bane) of pillow-talk in a different dialect or language; sometimes these mannerisms are pretty, but other times, they can be simply awful!

So, I posit this question for y'all: have you ever had a partner(s) with a noticeably different accent from yourself, whether they be native speakers of a different language or dialect of your own language? What was your take on it? Was it a turn-on, or a detriment to your mood?

My own experience: I've had two partners from outlands - one from Delaware and one from Minnesota. The Minnesotan, a lovely young lady named Andrea, was absolutely stunning in every way - except for her accent. She often tried to hide it, and would speak in a highly-contrived and cultured sounding Transatlantic English dialect, but in the sack, she lost command of that... a great deal of awkwardness and stereotypical lakelander-ness ensued.

Minnesota accent, for those unfamiliars:

2. Meee

Gold Member

Regional speech is rich. I don't need everyone to be like me.

3. Silverfox

Gold Member

Well, when a lot younger, I was with a woman from Japan, one from England and one from Kenya. Yeah, the accents were different but that just made the times together special, in my opinion.

4. chikinlil

chikinlil Active Member

my wife is from the bronx im from a lil hick town in georgia love her accent she tells me to f off all the time lmao

5. alwaystry

I think it is great. I was with a russian girl and a spanish girl,both were very attractive and had pretty heavy accents...in bed,it was soooo damn hot, they could have said "I'll cut your nuts off with a spatula if you don't take out the garbage and sift the kitty litter" in their language and it would have sounded hot!

chikinlil and HotForHoney like this.
  6. Gregorius_Praesul

Gregorius_Praesul New Member

Hm. I've been exposed to both accents (my grandparents are Peruvian immigrants and I have neighbors who are Russian) and I've not found this to be so. Danes and Germans, though... Murrhh. ;)

7. Comedian

Comedian New Member

I love accents. They can be such a turn on.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I would take Minnesota any time ahead of Texan!

9. AtkCCC

Gold Member

My Wife is a Latina. While her English is perfect when she speaks Spanish she has a really sexy accent.