Pansexual

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by s1ng1nf00l, Aug 9, 2004.

1. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

I just read a board on not labeling people "gay," "Straight," or "Bi." I read somewhere, I can't remember where, the definition to pansexual. I think it means- to love someone not for what sex they are, or what organs they have, but to love someone (or something) for their soul... or something like that... Has anyone ever heard this term before, or would anyone care to look up a more accurate definition?

2. KoenigNazgul

KoenigNazgul New Member

Dictionary says...Relating to, having, or open to sexual activity of many kinds.

As per what our society and paradigms say...thats another story. I personally believe that the term 'metrosexual' gets thrown around too casually, too loosely, and in too much of a derogatory manner.

3. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Metrosexuality isn't a sexual orientation. So it shouldn't be metro"sexual".

4. blade

blade New Member

yeh...up here a metro-sexual is a straight guy who basically takes care of himself (manicures, neat clothes, does his hair...) so some ppl thinks he's gay..but he's not.

5. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Well I do consider myself metro"sexual", but I happen to be full blown gay.

6. touchzing

touchzing New Member

I found this definition for Pansexual:
    One who exhibits or suggests a sexuality that has many different forms, objects, and outlets. One who exhibits many forms of sexual expression.

Pansexual is a broader term than bisexual because it includes not only loving both men and women but also transgendered people and gender fluid people who do not feel they fit into categories of male or female.

What a great label. Though honestly, few people in the general public understand the term bisexual. I believe that most people’s orientation has the ability to be fluid and change over time.

s1ng1nf00l, I do like the idea of loving someone for the soul rather than their genitals.

7. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

I'm not pansexual, but I was just putting it up for discussion... I do think it's a much more friendly and label-free term than gay or bi, however.

8. touchzing

touchzing New Member

Pansexual is freer because it is less specific in its meaning. The freest of all is not to accept a label. I accepted bisexuality as a label for my orientation because it best expresses my love for people of both sexes. The label is full of meaningful for me but it often causes anger and confusion for many people in the straight world and even some in the gay world because they get the wrong idea about what the label means.