Pandora

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CLE32793, Dec 4, 2015.

1. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

So Pandora users, do you pay for the service and what is your favorite station? What stations do you recommend?

I do and we share the service so to speak, lol.

I usually have it on 3 Doors Down or Tool or shuffle between Tool, 3DD, ZZ Ward and Zeppelin.
    No telling what I'll hear :)

So let's hear it music fans (and happy Friday)

2. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

I don't pay for service. I don't use it all that often. I like traditional music radio in my car and my music library when in my house or working out. When I do use it I listen to the 90' 2000's and today's hit station,
    We have been listening to some Christmas station.

CLE32793 likes this.
  3. whybother

Gold Member

I don't pay. I deal with a few commercials. I also listen to music on You Tube for free. And very often to margueritaville radio.

CLE32793 likes this.
  4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Free iTune Radio; anything, anywhere in the world of music 24/7

djanalyst likes this.
  5. 12barblues

Gold Member

I use it occasionally... Last time I did, I dialed up some Frank Sinatra

CLE32793 likes this.
  6. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I use it at the Y I dont pay anything for it, I listen a metal station most the time on metalica radio, my music of choice in the weight room. :)

sandwich, CLE32793 and 12barblues like this.
  7. 12barblues

Gold Member

Excellent ... A little pantera can help squeeze out a few reps as well.. Lol

sandwich, CLE32793 and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  8. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

I pay because of my intent dislike for commercials. I don't think it'd be quite so bad if they didn't play the same ones over & over each commercial break. I don't feel the fee is too much since we both use the same log in. And I have a severe dislike for commercials, I don't watch them on TV either, if it's not on DVD/Blu-ray or Netflix I usually don't watch.

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  9. xtacy4

Gold Member

I prefer Spotify, but I don't pay for service. If you watch a 30 second commercial, you get 30 minutes of uninterrupted music so I'm happy with that. :)

djanalyst and CLE32793 like this.
  10. ViolatorGirl

Gold Member

Spotify here too, but I need premium. I hate when my groove gets interrupted. I have a couple of workout playlists going, and I follow a few of the "radio" stations as well for nostalgia. Mostly I just listen to albums. If I like it enough I'll buy a physical copy. (Note to self: Need new Coheed & Cambria album.)

10_3XL, djanalyst and CLE32793 like this.
  11. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I don't understand why you'd ever use Pandora's poor illusion of choice - let alone pay for it - when Spotify and other far better options are available...

djanalyst and ViolatorGirl like this.
  12. ViolatorGirl

Gold Member

Avi Avidan is a legend. <3

NSP, Starbomb and Skyhill are all indeed on the Spoofy :D

There are some artists I can't find, or some artists don't have all their albums on it... Must be legal shit or something, record label switches and the like. But so far I'm very happy for what I'm paying for.

10_3XL likes this.
  13. djanalyst

Gold Member

Coheed and Cambria are awesome.

ViolatorGirl and 10_3XL like this.
  14. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

I'm not crazy about Spoofy or any others I've tried. As far as paying, I don't like commercials. If we both log on that's $2.50/month. What are these far better options you speak of??

15. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

HOLY SHIT! You have no idea how happy it makes me to see another person that knows NSP/Game Grumps on here! (Please tell me you've also listened to TupperWare Remix Party - if so... will you fucking marry me because I think I'm in love.)

And yes, the reason for most artists not having their entire catalogue (or even being on Spoofy) is because of legal shit and record label nonsense. But, considering you have to get pretty damn obscure to be unable to locate an artist on there I'm definitely in their camp.
    [
    QUOTE="CLE32793, post: 674873, member: 68254"]I'm not crazy about Spoofy or any others I've tried. As far as paying, I don't like commercials. If we both log on that's $2.50/month. What are these far better options you speak of??[/QUOTE]
    Spotify's radio feature is much better tuned than the nebulous (and frequently asinine) algorithms that Pandora uses. Also, if you want to listen to a specific song then you can punch it into a search and listen - not make the gamble of creating a station based on that song and then (maybe) hearing it.
    For other things I use SoundCloud, Everyone's Mixtape, and YouTube playlists -- but those are reliant on you knowing what you want to listen to and either taking time to create or find a playlist that suits your desires.
    Honestly, with just a little bit of effort put into looking for an alternative on your part I'm sure you'll find there are far better options than Pandora for music streaming.

16. ViolatorGirl

Gold Member

I had to check, because I haven't even attempted to use Pandora in years. It's STILL not available in Canada yet anyways. I don't think that email is ever coming :( Spoofy it is.

TWRP are also awesome, yes! Dan led you to them as well? I also think The Gregory Brothers could make an absolute killing if they collaborated with JonTron to songify more of his reviews. Titenic was gold. :D And if things don't work with hubs, and my plans to seduce Markiplier don't pan out... :p

10_3XL likes this.
  17. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Pretty happy with Pandora, might look, might not. I'm pretty sure better is subject to the listener. :)

18. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

This post combined with your prior post -- you have been promoted to Dream Woman status. :D:p

ViolatorGirl likes this.
  19. sandwich

Gold Member

I have not tried Pandora. I listen to a little local radio because I want to hear the new stuff, being a music junkie and all, and I use YouTube and Spotify (the free version) for the same reason. I also check the Billboard charts to see if I have missed anything. I just love listening to new songs and artists, but I have long term favorites as well. I suppose I could launch my own service since I have about 6,000 songs on my IPod.

Dog_E_Ryder and CLE32793 like this.
  20. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I use Pandora when I have a chance to listen to music. I don't pay and usually listen to classic rock or 4th of July.

CLE32793 likes this.