Pain meds ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by awakened, Nov 15, 2010.

1. awakened

awakened New Member

I was given a Rx for Norco. Has anyone taken this before? I had once but I dont remember it making me jittery anxious feeling. The crap also makes me itch, no rash. So I just take 25mg Benedryl with each med dose. It is always something that has to be out of whack.

2. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

25mg shouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't recommend a solid histamine blocker like Benadryl to be taken with hydrocodone AND acetaminophen. It could have a SERIOUS "Knock Your Ass Out" effect. Personally I HATE the feeling of taking those Rx Pain meds. I got them for my wisdom teeth, and for a few ER visits, but I never took any more than a couple when pain was really bad.

3. HayleyB

HayleyB New Member

Be weary of taking Norco for extended periods. It is a hydrocodone known as dihydrocodeinone or DF118. It is a synthetic opioid and can be rather addictive.

You should also take a mild laxative with it, as its original function (albeit in higher doeses and liquid form) was to paralyse the lower intenstine and bowel for surgery.

Try to take it with food too - it will limit some of the side effects.

4. awakened

awakened New Member

Thank you all, I have had no more side effects from the Norco, but then again, I just take one pill twice daily and have started taking my Naprosen 500 twice daily again so that helps with the inflammatory pain. My boobs are hurting so bad but seriously, this is considered a good pain compared to the unimaginable pain i had for weeks with my broken shoulder, that was complete torture, I did get a mild addiction to oxycontin because I felt that it did no help with controlling my pain long enough and became dependant on it, I did follow docs orders but had several day withdrawal.