Osho Zen Tarot..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SexyScorp, May 5, 2007.

1. SexyScorp

Gold Member

2. deric

deric New Member

I have a few good fortune cookie sites if that isn't enough for you. Oooops, I was told that sarcasm is never appreciated.

3. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Are you mocking me.....???

Hope not, as I am very good at casting
    spells on people....

:)

O.Y.M

4. deric

deric New Member

I find that all of that stuff sounds the same to me. It is so genaric - nothing wrong with it if it helps - it is good advice. It is like the horiscope stuff - I always love when a person is reading the wrong day or month and tell me how amazingly accurate it is. It is like the fortune cookie - its all good.
    I could use a good "spell' today. Send me a little luck please.

5. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Horoscopes are nonsense!!!

I believe in the science of astrology, not
    the crap they publish in the local and
    national rags....i have faith in the chart
    and not predictions which are based on
    1 in 12 of the population!!

With oszho zen tarot...it isnt all good...
    did you not read what I wrote...

"nothingness"

what is good about that.....it means at
    the moment....there is "nothing"

as in my cup was once full and now it
    has been emptied..

that is exactly what is happening with
    me...wise words indeed

What sort of a spell would you like?

6. deric

deric New Member

Horiscopes are based on astrology. It all so odd. The advice is so weird that it can't ever be proven right or wrong. So what is the point.
    If you find wisdom in whatever then it is "good". That is what I meant. What is good about nothing? Maybe people would love to have a day when there is "nothing" that they have to do. too bad about your cup being empty - what happened to all the astrolgical predictions - you should have seen that one coming? Sorry if this is making you angry. i have no intentions of saying things that unpset you if you are having some loss in your life. I just think that looking for answers in cards is not going to change much. It would be nice if it worked. Put a spell on your cup.

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I have no time for your cynical and
    closed mind...

My family were Romany gypsies..
    they read cards, predicted the future,
    had prophetic dreams....

Of course I "felt" it coming....

Does that make it any easier to
    bear...???

Yes I have loss in my life....the death
    of my mother, the loss of a loved one
    and probably the death of my marriage

And yes I saw it in the cards...

Okay?

8. deric

deric New Member

Why do the people who say "open the mind" cut off those that have different opinions? If I think that card, stars, dreams, etc. are not the way to go to get answers - then why is that a closed mind?

Why don't you open your mind? - It is one of those things that implies that I have the closed mind - not a question that anyone is going to respond "because . . . . " So is not asking the question a demonstration of a closed mind?

9. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Not only do you seem to have a closed
    but

by lack compassion too....unreal!!!!!!

Anyone that dismisses something before
    they have engaged in a decent amount
    of study of the said subject is closed minded.

What will I open my mind to?

10. minxy2

minxy2 Banned

big hugs x

11. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Thanks girl...

I despair sometimes really
    I do.......people can be so so
    cold...

(((hugs))) back at you too :)

12. deric

deric New Member

What compassion are you talking about? If you don't like a person's view you just say they don't have an open mind and then change the subject to "uncompassionate". You have control of the world within your self and you sit around putting all your hope on cards, stars, and prophecy. Even if it does work, you said it doesn''t do you any good. But you live in it and lable anyone who doesn't believe in it as "not open minded". Nice try, but I will not fall for your emotional crap. You have no idea what or how much I have studied anything, but you have made that decision also. Maybe you are not what you think you are. I'm sure someone will resucue you with more hugs and kisses, but maybe they should be honest and tell you the train is coming and you are on the tracks with an open mind.

13. SexyScorp

Gold Member

If someone told me they had lost their
    mother and lover within a short time of
    each other i would feel HUGE compassion

But then again i am a woman with huge
    feeling...

That is probably the difference...

You are probably 15 or something, so I
    apologise if you are......

Maturity may also bless you with an open
    heart...

And if someone dies on you that you love
    very much....then you may understand
    what I speak of???

14. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

The creator ( thats the card that came up for me )

There are two types of creators in the world. One type of creator works with objects - a poet, a painter, they work with objects, they create things. The other type of creator, the mystic, creates himself. He doesn't work with objects, he works with the subject; he works on himself, his own being. And he is the real creator, the real poet, because he makes himself into a masterpiece.

You are carrying a masterpiece hidden within you, but you are standing in the way. Just move aside, then the masterpiece will be revealed. Everyone is a masterpiece, because God never gives birth to anything less than that. Everyone carries that masterpiece hidden for many lives, no knowing who they are and just trying on the surface to become someone.

Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it. God himself has created you; you cannot be improved.

Osho Ah, This! Chapter 1

Commentary:

The Zen master in this card has harnessed the energy of fire and is able to use it for creation rather than destruction. He invites us to recognize and participate with him in the understanding that belongs to those who have mastered the fires of passion, without repressing them or allowing them to get destructive and out of balance. He is so integrated that there is no longer any difference between who he is inside and who he is in the world outside. He offers this gift of understanding and integration to all those who come to him, the gift of creative light that comes from the center of his being.

The King of Fire tells us that anything that we undertake now, with the understanding that comes from maturity, will bring enrichment to our own lives and to the lives of others. Using whatever skills you have, whatever you have learned from your own life experience, it is time to express yourself.

I think for me it is that i do not understand , not that i do not believe in this.
    and Scorp , i know you been through a very rough ride of late , mass huggles.
    Youve helped me out a few times before. and im greatful for that..
    One way of looking at nothing though, is it is a blanck setting, a new beginning , maybe this time round you can get to mould your own future the way you wish it to be . :)

15. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Yes K there is a vast difference between
    belief and understanding....

You are probably mature enough to embrace
    this difference...

And yes a new beginning for sure....

Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

16. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

There are always at least 2 ways of looking at things Scorp...i like to try and delve to find the silver lining so to speak :)

Things for you will pick up and you have a strong will and a huge heart, so for you anything is possible.

17. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Your welcome Scorp :)
    and i sure hope this new begiining for you works wonders for your mind and soul ..you are a really strong lady hun..
    and you deserve much much more for yourself :)

18. Darkesheart

Darkesheart New Member

SS when I looked at this I too got the Nothingness card.

Buddha has chosen one of the really very potential words - shunyata. The English word, the English equivalent, "nothingness", is not such a beautiful word. That's why I would like to make it "no-thingness" - because the nothing is not just nothing, it is all. It is vibrant with all possibilities. It is potential, absolute potential. It is unmanifest yet, but it contains all.

In the beginning is nature, in the end is nature, so why in the middle do you make so much fuss? Why, in the middle, becoming so worried, so anxious, so ambitious - why create such despair? Nothingness to nothingness is the whole journey.

Osho Take it Easy, Volume 1 Chapter 5

Commentary:

Being "in the gap" can be disorienting and even scary. Nothing to hold on to, no sense of direction, not even a hint of what choices and possibilities might lie ahead. But it was just this state of pure potential that existed before the universe was created.

All you can do now is to relax into this no-thingness...fall into this silence between the words...watch this gap between the outgoing and incoming breath. And treasure each empty moment of the experience. Something sacred is about to be born.

I have always believed in the cards and astrology. And having that site bring up that card when I relate to it so closely is kind of scary because I didn't want to admit to myself that that is the stage I am at in my own life.

*hugs Scorp*

I am sorry that you are at that point. I wish that it was different for you. You are a wonderful and caring person.

19. Bluesy

Gold Member

Neat! Tarot and meditations all rolled into one. I've heard it said that tarot is more for personal reflection than prognostication...don't know how you feel about that, Scorp. It seems like the Osho Zen cards would be helpful for uncovering and analyzing issues that are causing distress.

I've one little nit to pick, however... The Buddhist construct of "emptiness", or "nothingness", does not literally mean "nothing" or "empty"--it simply doesn't translate into English that well. They've kinda misrepresented shunyata. Nothingness actually has very positive connotations, and the realization of it is a prerequisite for nirvana. Nothingness/emptiness means (the super-encapsulated definition) that nothing is static or permanent, and everything is interconnected, physically and spiritually. Any explanation I could give wouldn't do it justice, but if you investigate into it further, you'll see that it's in actuality quite beautiful and desirable.

20. Martin_Baker

Martin_Baker New Member

Hi Scorp, thanks for this site. I too have no clue about Tarot but I got the "Playfulness" card for today, which is great cos it's probably a good way to describe how I'm feeling. Sorry you're going through some rough times, I'll try and send some "Playfulness" your way :)

#20 Martin_Baker, May 6, 2007
    Last edited: May 6, 2007