oral sex & STD's

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by blade, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade

blade New Member

hi long time no post.

I dont know if this has been posted before, but does anyone know the risk factor for contracting an STD through oral sex?

I mean if a man was giving oral to a woman, than he would be recieving fluids and at a higher risk for STD than the woman?

I know there are mucus membranes on both the vagina and inside the mouth so its possible for STDs to swap...could anyone please clarify this for me?

2. Thorn

Gold Member

I'v always heard that you can but I can't back it up with facts. I'm sure someone else will post with a little more info.

3. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Oh yeah. It absolutely happens. I don't know about risk factors, but they don't matter much in the end if you get infected.

4. smileygal

smileygal New Member

Yes it could happen that way. Anytime your exchanging any kind of body fluids whether it be saliva or whatever, your at a risk. STD's are not choosy about which "hole" they come & go in either.

5. ton

ton Banned

very informative posts, have to be careful always.

6. sammi

sammi New Member

Yeah, definately. You can actually get genital herpes from oral sex with someone who has cold sores. Sucks a whole lot, doesn't it?

7. Joehaven

Joehaven New Member

cold sores as in normal old canquor sores? what if i have a small one i don't even know about!!! damn mouths!!!!

8. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I found this by doing a Google search on "Cold Sores"

Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. No doubt you've heard of "herpes" before, but don't jump ahead of yourself. There are actually two types of herpes simplex virus, "type 1" and "type 2".

Type 1 herpes simplex virus.
    Herpes simplex virus type 1 ("HSV1") generally only infects those body tissues that lie "above the waistline" and it is HSV1 that causes cold sores in the majority of cases.

Type 2 herpes simplex virus.
    Herpes simplex virus type 2 ("HSV2") typically only infects those body tissues that lie "below the waistline" and it is this virus that is also known as "genital herpes". Herpes simplex virus type 2 is not usually the virus that causes cold sores, although it can.
    -----------
    HSV-1 and HSV-2 can be found in and released from the sores that the viruses cause, but they also are released between outbreaks from skin that does not appear to be broken or to have a sore. Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission can occur from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected.

HSV-1 can cause genital herpes, but it more commonly causes infections of the mouth and lips, so-called "fever blisters." HSV-1 infection of the genitals can be caused by oral-genital or genital-genital contact with a person who has HSV-1 infection. Genital HSV-1 outbreaks recur less regularly than genital HSV-2 outbreaks.

#8 Rose, Nov 17, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  9. sammi

sammi New Member

No, not like a cancor sore (or whatever it's called) but an actual cold sore. I'm pretty sure the other is a small ulcer in your mouth, but a cold sore shows up like a crusty zit on your face.

10. kydentman

kydentman New Member

What about hep - c ?

11. smileygal

smileygal New Member

Hep C transmission occurs when blood from an infected person enters the body of a person who is not infected.

for example: anyone sharing needles, sharp sticks at work (healthcare), infected mother to her unborn child.

12. dave_30

dave_30 New Member

Hepititis can be transmitted through kissing.... It is present in your saliva..

I know this for a fact.. Because i had to get the year long series for it. No i dont have hep.. I got the ??Imunization?? shots.. When i was working as a Nurses aid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.