Oral sex and STD's - preventative ideas?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BassDude, Dec 5, 2007.

1. BassDude

BassDude New Member

My wife and I have been fantasizing about involving another guy or girl in some sexual play for a while now. I've written down a couple fantasies and so has she. I get most turned on by the fantasies that involve a lot of play and *might* be actually *safe* to live out...I guess potential realness makes it hotter for me. So, the fantasies I've created involve mostly erotic play moreso than actual penetration, etc.

I love to eat pussy...I guess that's my fetish. I'd love to write a little fantasy about eating another woman's pussy while my wife watches or participates in some way, but I can't get past the thought that it's possible to contract an STD from giving this oral sex. I also fantasize about watching my wife give a blowjob to another guy...the thing is, we could slap a flavored condom on his dick and that 95% protects her from any STD's (not 100%...though there's still some chance of some STD's from areas not covered by the condom, of course)...but the point is that this makes it seem more like it's a real possibility and that make it hotter for me and hotter for my wife. The thought of getting an STD is a total turn-off for me, even though we're only talking about a fantasy.

So, any ideas here on how to eat some pussy without putting myself at risk of any STD's? (It doesn't hurt to "de-personalize" the process just a little too.) Mouth condom? :lol One thought would be to lay a sheet of Saran wrap on her crotch, but I'm not sure how comfy or pleasant that would be. Plus I'd love to stick a finger in and tickle her G-spot while I lick her clit, and the finger might be difficult to insert comfortably for her. I suppose it could be done, but there's got to be a hotter alternative! I suppose I could lick on top of her panties, but still stick a finger inside...hmmm.

I suppose that I could just think through how to get past my "mental blockage" since this is just some fantasizing (you can't catch an STD from a fantasy! :dgrin), but I'd really like some kinky thoughts on it that make it more realistic. Anyway, you folks give me some ideas here!

TIA,
    BassDude

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

A dental damn is normally recommended. I've never used one, but that's the equivalent of a guy wearing a condom. I've had a few bjs while wearing a condom and never got much enjoyment from it, but it's the safe way to do it.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Maybe you should make sure the woman you are involving has been tested negative for STD's and has the paperwork to prove it? I dunno if that's practical, but it sounds logical.

4. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Well, again...I'm writing a little fantasy about a foursome (another guy and girl)...Hmmm, I suppose I could make checking the paperwork part of the story, eh? Just doesn't seem all that erotic to me though.

OK...what the heck is a "dental damn"? Please explain!

Dave

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, shit, if it's just a story, invent a land where STD's don't exist and just go for it!

Google dental dam, you'll get loads of info.

6. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Ha! Well Dam! (Pun intended!) I just looked this up, and there's even flavored vaginal dams! I had no idea such a thing existed. There's also links for how to turn a condom into a vaginal dam...cut the tip off with scissors, unroll, then cut one side to make a flat sheet.

Pretty cool...I think I can use this gadget in my story! :brow Thanks folks!

BassDude

7. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Well, I certainly could do that, just ignore that STD's exists at all in the story. BUT...that doesn't make it realistic enough, ya know? And the more realistic it is (the more we can both think "hmmm...we *could* actually do this"), the hotter and more arousing it becomes. (Or I know that's true for me...if I'm not mistaken, it's true for my wife as well.)

Thanks y'all!
    BassDude

8. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I believe you mean a dental DAM. :lol

9. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Yeah, A1. I meant a damned dental dam. Sheesh! College kids........ *shakes head*

Just wait. I'm going to be watching your posts like a cranky old editor. ;)

10. Bluesy

Gold Member

Just a thought: maybe the "paperwork inspection" could be part of the backstory that doesn't necessarily need to be addressed? In every romance novel I've ever read, protection was noticeably absent during all sexual encounters (or, at least, it wasn't mentioned). If you do decide to include it, *props* to you for wanting to make safe sex sexy! It will set a good example for your readers :tup

11. Barbwire

Gold Member

*fights the overwhelming urge to edit all of my erotica so there are condoms and such in the story line*

12. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

*shrugs* If you want to spend that kind of time.... :lol

13. cbrmale

Gold Member

Written erotica is fantasy, and we seldom write safe sex in fantasy. I also have been published in mainstream fiction, with sex scenes, and no mention of safe sex. When writing I follow the rule of thumb that many prostitutes use: if he or she looks and acts intelligently and responsibly, then it's probably okay.

As for STD transmission from oral sex, there is a risk but it is much less than other sexual activities. Personally I've had about 100 partners and a lot of unprotected casual sex in the pre-aids 1980's, and never a STD.

14. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

I am not advocating unsafe sex, but I read the chart from the link and I didn't follow the dental dam thing. The risk for a man giving oral sex to a woman is either herpes or hpv, but a dental dam doesn't protect you from either. The woman giving / receiving oral sex is more risky, but Hepatitus C? You would need an open wound to catch this, which is theoretically possible. Theoretically, it would be just as (or more) possible to catch Hep-C from kissing. Indeed, both hpv and herpes are also kissing-transmittable, if your partner has performed oral sex on a prior partner.

So where do you stop? Theoretically every body to body contact, finger to your patner's genitals to your own mouth or whatever is risky, even if condoms or dams are being used. And now we are getting into the 'all sex is deadly' message of those who preach abstinence. The only safe sex is no sex.

But sex doesn't often kill, especially if condoms are used for vaginal or anal intercourse with someone of whom you don't know their std status.

There are degrees of risk: kissing is risky, oral sex is slightly more risky, vaginal sex risker still, anal sex more risky. What protection you wish to use for each is up to all of you.