[Ask a Girl] Opposite sex friends?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by olsonski, Jul 6, 2011.

1. olsonski

olsonski New Member

This question is for either the dudes or gals....
    Mostly I am curious for the married couples, do you have an opposite sex best friend? Do you hang out without your spouse? Does your spouse have this type of relationship? is it ok to have this type of relationship whether or not they or you had a sexual history?

2. Trond

Gold Member

Apart from my wife and one friend I have known since childhood I tend to hang around with girls more than guys. My wife has a gang of friends (mostly guys but including two girls) who are all movie buffs. It hasn't caused any problems for us.

Among my friends, there is actually a married couple in Norway that I feel I can be completely open with about almost anything. I love those two, both the guy and the girl. When I studied in Oslo, I would often meet either him or her (or both) for lunch. We chat about anything from sex to religion to....board games! They are actually game designers on the side.

#2 Trond, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Like Trond, my only real friends are mostly married females except for one who is a lifelong male friend from early school days.
    Conversely all my sexual partners began as lovers and as such things cooled or ceased they have all become close friends to this day.
    Only real issue is my current SO who is intensely jealous and suspicious of any female close to me. The reason is that she stole me away from two other women and knows that the same thing can now happen to her.

4. olsonski

olsonski New Member

Well there is a statistic that theres a 60% chance if you hang out with someone you had sex with at one time, it will happen again. I would be jealous too!

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

Nearly all of my friends are guys. I've got very few female friends. Same for my husband, nearly all of his friends are girls.

Neither of us get jealous, it's just how it's always been.

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

I have female friends, a few are divorced and call me when they need something fixed or moved. My wife doesn't care, she knows how picky I am and none fit my criteria for being "attracted to", even if they were, she knows she's the only one for me. Most of her male friends are associated with work, and I have complete trust in her so no jealousy on eithers part.

7. missie

missie Member

I have a couple of girl friends but my main friends are guys and my SO isnt bothered about it because he knows who I love and knows I wouldnt do anything to mess our relationship. Likewise most his friends are females at his work place, and like him im not in the slightest bit worried about it.