Opinions on condoms

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Michgu, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Michgu

Michgu New Member

My wife and I use condoms whenever we have sex (the pill is out of the question because she gets migraines from them), and to be honest, they suck sometimes (no pun intended). It feels like I'm having sex with the condom instead of my wife sometimes. Just wanted to get your thoughts (from guys and girls perspectives) on the type and brand of condom you like to use that still feels like my wife and not latex.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

My fiancee and I have gone through a number of types of condoms and what we've settled on and been VERY happy with is the Trojan ultra thins. They are seriously THIN. I was scared to begin with because we have some crazy rough sex sometimes and I didn't want it to break.

He likes them, I like them, all is well.

Also, I don't know what all types of birth control she's tried, but different ones can react better with her. I know when I was on it, I had to go through 4 different kinds before I found one that worked for me.

#2 Mittimer, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. luvbug

Gold Member

Can your wife take the Depo shot?

We dont use condoms....no need to...so I cant offer any advice there. Sorry.

4. SweetSouthernC

SweetSouthernC New Member

I'm with Luvbug on this one, has she ever tried the Depo shot?? And can't help with the condoms either I hate condoms, and we just don't use them, although Im not on any kind of birth control at the moment either, but I hate condoms and so does he, so for now its just the pull out method for us and lets pray it works for a while. Here is a good saying about condoms "Feel a piece of velvet with your bare hand, its soft, now put a rubber glove on your hand and feel the velvet, that is what a condom feels like" A friend of mines husband told her that.

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Ya know what they call people that practice the pull out method for birth control?

Parents. Really, praying it works is kind of nuts, don't you think?

6. igor

Gold Member

Hey folks - using a condom is a hell of a lot better than no sex at all.

7. SweetSouthernC

This I know, but been on birth control for 7 years and its been everything from the shot to the pills to the patch to the ring, its more of me trying to give my body a rest from it all then anything, my last depo shot ran out not long ago and I dont have health insurance anymore and its expensive to pay for out of pocket, got full time at work and once I can Im going to get insurance then back on it I go.

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

If you are in a bind and can't afford insurance, how the hell are you going to afford having a baby if you get pregnant? Condoms are cheaper than raising a child. You say you don't like condoms because of how they feel, well guess what? Labor pains don't feel so hot either.

Really, girl. You aren't making any sense. Don't you see that?

9. SweetSouthernC

Its not that I can't afford insurance, I just started on full time and have to wait for all the paper work and such to go through first. But going to get back on it as soon as I can

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

Seemed to me you just said it was too much. Hey, whatever, do what ya want. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. What the hell do I know anyways? I'm just some old bat babbling nonesense.

11. SweetSouthernC

Sorry I meant that the birth control shot is too expensive to pay for out of pocket, so waiting for my full time paper work to go through so I can get insurance :) and your not an old bat babbling, its appreciated and I know.

12. Michgu

Michgu New Member

Wow...this thread took a strange turn...I should probably clarify some things. My wife is leery of any birth control method that involves hormones because she was getting terrible migraines from the pill she was taking. I really don't want to put her through that again even if it's just through trying various prescriptions. Secondly, she's breastfeeding (proud parents of our first 3 month old baby girl) and we're worried about any medications getting through to her breastmilk. I just wanted to see if anyone had a brand of condom that they like where it doesn't feel like you're fucking a latex glove.

13. Lucky

Lucky New Member

My wife is past meno so we don't need birth control. I hate condoms but igor is right, using them is better than nothing!

14. HardRocker

Gold Member

Yeah it kind of derailed didn't it, Mich. Looks like your best suggestion so far is post number 2 from Mittimer. Congratulations on the new baby.

15. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

There are several options besides the pills such as the Sponge which can be bought over the counter at a pharmacy, female condom, IUD, and diaphragm. Her doctor can help her decide which would the best option for her. If you are going to use a condom then the best ones a feel are the ultra thin as you do get some feeling from them.

16. Godiva

Godiva Member

There are one's called Zero, cant' remember the brand, bf buys them. He says they are much better than the normal ones. :)

17. Michgu

Michgu New Member

Has anyone used the Trojan NaturalLamb condom? If so, what are you opinions on it?

18. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Crown skinless is good. Not readily available in stores, i.e. order off internet.

19. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I am somewhat of a condom expert... having tried so many brands...

The first thing you have to consider is your dick size, obviously.

If you are really big, then my advice can't really help as I have only used Trojan Large and the regular Magnums once each....

I am a tweener... I had problems with regular Trojans and several other normal brands being too tight... but the Trojan Magnums were too big, so I was sort of caught in the middle.

The best brand I found was the Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive brand:

Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive Condoms

They are made out of this special latex that makes them feel not too tight and not too loose... and the head on this condom is big, so it offers a lot of room if you have a bigger head like I do.

Many other brands after maybe 5 minutes of sex... they would get all dried up and it felt like I was having sex with a ziploc bag...

These condoms I have gone at it for 20-30+ minutes and they never have once dried out...

In fact, sometimes I reach down to make sure it is still on because things feel so good and I can't even feel the condom.

If you have a smaller dick (ie you need to use the snuggler kinds) then don't get these because they will fall off, trust me.

But if you are avg to slightly above avg size, then I can't recommend these highly enough bro.