Only In America...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bella, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Bella

Gold Member

Hmmm... :shrug
    ~Bella

ONLY IN AMERICA
    Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
    Only in America......are there handicapped parking places in front of a skating rink.

Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering
    Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Oh, we aren't gonna like Mel tonight.

A pizza........is paid for on arrival. An ambulance has to wait for insurance.
    Someone who is handicapped MAY ACTUALLY have a child/grandchild that they take to a skate rink. And they may actually care more than the average parent and stay and supervise. Those who deserve a "handicap" sticker occupy a very wide range of populations. It is (earnestly) not our place to judge, but the place of those appointed by our state government? Don't like it? Vote better next time.
    The sick walk to the back of the store (where there is usually a discreet and available back door) because they demand privacy. HIPPAA. We don't want anyone to know that when you pick up your antibiotic, you also pick up your antiviral.
    Does ordering a diet coke mean that you are supposed to weigh a buck ten and not eat? I missed that rule. I order a diet coke. Honestly.... that doesn't mean I can't order french fries. Perhaps I like diet coke.
    Do customers steal the doors? Lock the doors when we aren't looking? Nope. Not really. But they DO steal the pen. They do drop the pen. And that DOES affect the timeliness in signing a check and getting the hell out of MY way when I am next in line.
    Call waiting is so we don't miss the call we WERE waiting for. So we can screen our calls. Not so we can answer jackasses who don't let us see who they are. The people we WANT to talk to.......... should come up. Yes? Yes!
    Hot dogs come in packages of eight because........... anyone who cooks an entire package of hot dogs lives with AT LEAST one child who wants their hot dog WITHOUT a bun. Duh.

I can't fight so much with Braille, except that I HAVE driven more than one person to the ATM who had me stop before reaching the machine so that they could walk up. And I could absolutely easily see a sight impaired person walking up to an ATM ahead of the car that brought them TO the machine, in order to feel protected and confidential, utilizing braille. OPEN the mind. Really.

CARS worth a thousand dollars are covered whether they are in the driveway or in the garage, as long as you have full coverage. The shit in the garage is ONLY covered if it's IN the garage, whether it's homeowner's or renter's insurance.

Sheesh.

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Err, I think it was supposted to be funny Mel..you know...like tongue in cheek humour;)
    What's up with you girl, your sense of humour seems to have gone west lately.....

4. Bella

Gold Member

Guess you really had a bad day, huh Mel?
    ~Bella

5. Bella

Gold Member

I'm afraid she doesn't love me anymore! :cry
    ~Bella

6. winers

winers New Member

Oh sweet

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

hahahaha....funny :)

8. Bella