Online Relationship

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ready2Please, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Has anyone ever met someone from online in person? I am on this truck forum and I've been talking to his guy from Florida since Jan. I am going to Florida,Georgia and South Carolina in Aug. I wanted to make my stay in Florida longer so we could spend time together.

Now it is like he can't handle the distance between us right now. I live in California. I am starting to like him and I am pretty sure he feels the same way. There isn't an age difference between us so that is not the problem. I think it is the distance between our living situations. The longest distance I've been through was me in California and my ex in Italy. But we made it for 2 years

I told him I've had somewhat of a wild lifestyle but I am willing to give it up for him. I think my wild lifestyle is filling the void of just wanting to be with one man for the rest of my life. I could definitely see myself with one man and that is it. Just as long as we have an active sex life.

We have not met in person yet but we've sent pictures of each other from our phones. He was trying to get 2 weeks off to come out to see me. But only one week got approved and I would've been working part of it. :(

He knows that my trip to Florida is to see him and in the beginning he was wishing and wanting me to come see him. So now I am. I go out with my friends but I don't goto bars to pick up random guys and just sleep with every single male that walks. I want to be in a committed relationship with one man.

I left him a voicemail message letting him know how I felt and that I am still planning on coming to see him in Aug. I told him that I've been in a long distance relationship and it sucks but we made it work. I also told him that we both don't know our moods or see what we do on a day to day basis. I made him aware I don't go out picking up guys. I want him and only him but I will have to wait until Aug.

I hope the days of no texting and me calling him will give him time to think about what I said. I told him that if we are going to make a commitment we have to talk about our problems and not hide things.

I do care about him and I could definitely see myself moving to Florida to be with him.

I am not sure if I am asking for advice or just venting or just rambling. Sorry if my post is all over the place. :(

2. igor

Gold Member

Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck.

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

Never had one, when I met my wife, there was no internet, hell, PCs were in their infancy. Just be careful....ya never know.

4. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Yes. I know the worries of online dating that is why I am not staying with him. He is a State Trooper in Florida. That is why I was surprised he wanted me to come stay with him. For all he could know I could be some nut too. LOL

I've been in an online relationship but we fell out of love and I stopped looking online. I started dating guys in my hometown.

I guess I will have to wait to see what happens when I give him space.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

5. davej

davej Member

Good Luck with your choice sweetheart! I know how your feeling.

6. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

First off.. I used to post at this Author forum.. still do. The Moderator invited me to her hen night.. and I was like stuff it I'm going lol..

I turned up to her house had a few drinks then drove all the way home, that was scary to start off with.. long story!!! Locked cars keys in car before I walked up to the house door..

Didn't look like a party was going on so I didn't know what to think! But then I saw her and she was lovely! had a great night.. they got roadside assistance to get my keys out so that was fine.

Next... After I separated from my ex husband , I had an online relationship for a year with a guy from the states.. I flew over to spend time with him for 2 weeks.. it was great.. I cam back to New Zealand.. Shit hit the fan and we broke up christmas day.

Next online relationship was more a whim.. I wasn't really into him but the way he was in to me was intriguing.. he flew over was meant to spend 3 months with me .. left after 4 weeks.. LOL apparently I'm a bitch.....

Now this last online relationship... My current ex BF.. we met in March last year.. he flew me over to the states in July for 3 months.. then in November for another 3 months.We're no longer together either.

I wasn't scared about the person being different in person. Friends were like do you even know what he looks like? what if he's a serial killer? and so on..

Just be careful and if things work out for you I'll be so happy :)

I strongly believe that you can build a strong foundation for a relationship online.

*hugs*

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

Totally unrelated slight thread hijack, if you come to florida look me up! :)

8. Ready2Please

Gold Member

I will send you a message when I'm in Florida,Mitt.

9. cheeze

cheeze New Member

I say go for it. But dont plan on getting married until you've spent a decent amount of time with him.

A online relationship can work as long as your partner isnt a psycho who was pretending to be something he isnt.

Good luck and roll the dice

10. dreamer60

dreamer60 New Member

Actually, Blue and I met online. He sent me an email on a nudie site and I sent him my phone number. I do suggest that before jumping headlong into a meeting with anyone you meet online you have at least afew telephone conversations. Make the meeting in a very public place and use your own transportation for a while. better safe than sorry.

11. Trond

Gold Member

My wife met her ex online, and he turned out not to be the way he portrayed himself. He wasn't a monster, but he had lied about his height, and he pretended to be more liberal (for an Indian guy) than he actually was. I think the whole thing was a bit hasty though, as my wife just wanted to move away from her family at the time.

It may be a good thing that you have to wait a bit. Write to him, talk to him on the phone, send some more pictures. If he has patience and you are both still interested, then I think it could work out. Good luck!:)

12. nyxx

nyxx New Member

they work sometimes. my couisn met her husband online at a forum about pastries. it all depends on the in person meetings. online can be so perfect because you imagine a lot. meet a bit and you'll know where to go.

13. eandvk

eandvk Member

My wife and I met online in a chatroom....we were totally honest with one another and I mean all....body, jobs, kids, financial , ...everything.....cuz if you lie about anything fromthe start, I figure youll just havta continue lying......so when we did meet in person....we knew what we were getting into.....we are now going on 12 yrs of very happy marital bliss....and a total of 14 yrs together.....so it can be done...but there are sooo many people that lie to the other person....so its a problem from the beginning....trust, the very needed quality is shattered right away.....and you cant work on other needs if theres no trust!

14. Kasa

Kasa New Member

I did meet my wife online, and we have being married 6 years and 3 children

15. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Well this guy stopped texting me so I won't be meeting him in Florida anytime soon. But I plan on meeting other people while I am in Florida,GA and South Carolina. :)

I'm better without him!! His lose.

16. Kasa

Kasa New Member

I love the name, I wish everyone in a relation think that way love to please instead of jut take and take. I don't know is in it the best feeling when you make Someone happy

17. Beach

Beach New Member

I met my ex wife and the few girlfriends there after, all online.
    I don't do bars ..clubs really so this is the best thing for me.. actually like it that way as you can really know the person before investing myself.. (eventually fake ppl. Reveal themselves.) kinda ran into that here on Sf actually, not sure about fake but it was certainly something... lol.
    Anyway I have threatened mitt and her significant other to hang out one afternoon for a beer n wings or whatnot.
    That would be funky/ fun to hang w u guys for a bit.. ha

#17 Beach, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011