Older and Kinkier

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BinghamtonNY, Oct 11, 2008.

1. BinghamtonNY

BinghamtonNY Member

I not referring to the veritable geriatric patients (nor am I excluded them), but it seems as if I've gotten more kinky in my sexuality with age. I'm in my mid-30's. My wife has been following a similar course in kinkiness, too. She's overall been less kinky from the start, but I love seeing -- and experiencing her progress in kink.

Do you think people tend to get more or less kinky and experimental with sex as they get older? If this is true in the majority of cases, perhaps it's due to more comfort and acceptance with our bodies and overall sexuality. :tagteam

2. Trixi

Trixi New Member

I'm willing to say that is possibly true for many people. I don't known whether we have more acceptance of our aging bodies - it's probably more of an "I don't care what you think" frame of mind. With the years, you begin to learn what is important to you, and it doesn't include what other people think of you. That's why you hear older people saying outrageous things sometimes - they've always wanted to but didn't have the nerve. I don't doubt that as we age, we can become more willing to tell our SOs what we really want to do or try because of that change in attitude.

3. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Yup, agreed with both of you! Ever since I hit 40, I've developed what I'm calling the I40-IDGAF. "I'm forty and I don't give a fuck." :lol Actually, I do care about a whole lot of things and people (and what those particular people think of me does matter to me)...just not what people in general think...I yam who I yam, what you see is what you get, and you're welcome to take it or leave it. I've always been that way to some extent...it's just gotten worse the older I've gotten. ;) Life is too friggin' short to tip toe around anyone or anything. If you don't get what you want out of life (or sex or anything else) because you were too afraid to ask, then you have no one to blame but yourself! (However, I DO think it's very important to ask in the right way.)

I think that the older you get, the more your mind becomes ready to enjoy your sex life while your body is headed toward taking more effort and preparation to enjoy it (even if we're just talking about things like having to shave or trim more body hair! ;)). Kinda stinks doesn't it? As I always say, gettin' old sux, but it's far better than the alternative. :lol

BD

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

As an old coot, I'd tend to agree with you that older folks are more apt to do some kinky stuff, but I'd guess it's more a matter of experience. There were things I never even considered in my earlier years, but after awhile, and after a few different partners, I eventually tried a few a few new things. I enjoyed them and they became "normal" in my sex life.

I've now given up most of the "kinky" stuff, as my "new" wife doesn't like it.

5. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I think as we age we become more confident and comfortable in our sexuality. I may not be a spring chicken, but I know what it takes to get and give orgasms because I ask. I like to try new things, and trust me, I have done some wonderful things this year I never would have dreamed of doing even last year. It's all play, and if it gets me or my SO off, I go for it. Kinky is a relative term. What is kinky for one may be normal for another. I like to do what makes me and the man between my legs get the most out of what we are experiencing, and yes, 20 years ago I would not have considered some of this things we do now. Therefore, I think older = kinkier! :D

6. suite91

suite91 Member

I must add my voice to the chorus - our 30's have been spectacular! If 40 is better than this then I can't imagine it.

I agree with all that others have said - confidence, experience, IDGAF :lol

7. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree with others on more experience and confidence in their 30s and 40s.

8. eandvk

eandvk Member

BD I agree with you to the max....very good response!!

My wife and I have been together since I was 31 and she 30....now 43 and 42 respectively, and I can definitely say that we have gotten kinkier over the years...Id say that it has to do with trust and our deep committment in one another that has grown and grown stronger over the years,,......knowing that we can bring up any subject to one another, any want or desire....things we didnt ask each other in the early yrs. of our relationship....we now do....so the kinkiness factor can expand as time marches on....

9. vizzle

vizzle New Member

You get more experience, and you just keep on experimenting! It works good, it can work better, variation!

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Folks, as one who is there I agree with everything said on this thread but particularly with FlirtyChick onwards. Now I am in my mid fifties and never had better nor more sex in my life.
    Admittedly, meeting and experiencing new sex partners has been a major factor but in talking with them finding the same. Perhaps knowing life is limited has galvanised us all into enjoying to the max what opportunities remain.

11. jackieizluv

jackieizluv New Member

Well, I'm not really in the proper age range to answer this question intelligently but from my experience with older partners, they're usually both the crazier and the more satisfying ones I've had in the past. Which maybe accounts for why I would give the older guy the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having a relationship with me. But that's just lil ol' me.

Kisses =)

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thus far, I agree 100% with everyone's replies

Once I hit 40, my libido and level of inhibition skyrocketed. I became much more eager to explore new things. I started engaging in cybering, phone sex and now, all of sudden, I find myself getting into camming a bit.

Had you asked me when I was 39 if I would be the pervy little cougar I am today, I would have said no way.

Had you asked me if I'd be doing all these things with my husband's knowlege, I would have called you a bald-faced liar.

WOOHOO! What a ride!

[​IMG]

#12 Barbwire, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  13. igor

Gold Member

I think we need to bottle some of your DNA and market it:lol