OK if I satisfy some urges?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by disneydad, Sep 23, 2010.

1. disneydad

disneydad New Member

So I've already posted but I have sort of decided I like it here so I thought I should introduce myself. I'm in my mid forties and happily married for twenty years with two teenage boys. Life is generally good but my wife has been very stressed lately. That has affecte our sex life. When we were young we were very sexually active. We had sex 4 to 5 times during the week and weekends were often sex marathons. frequency went down when we had kids but we were still active and experimental. As we got older though, my wife became more conservative sexually. We still seemed to connect well though. As time has gone on our respective sex drives have continued to diverge. The last year or so was pretty dry. Even worse was the fact that even when we had sex my wife not only didn't orgasm, she really didn't seem to miss it. Then this summer, We had some of the best sex we had had in years. She was initiating sex, we were making it last, coming more than just once per session, trying out positions we hadn't been in for a long time. I was thinking that it was too good to be true, and it was because as suddenly as it started, it went away and we haven't had sex in over a month now. Iv'e been feeling pretty frustrated. Over the last few days we've talked about getting counseling and I am hopeful for the future. In the mean time iv'e been lurking on this and some "marriage" forums just trying to sort out my feelings. Oddly enough posts on this forum seem much more understanding than the "marriage" boards. I think I'll read here to pass some time while I try to give my wife some space, try to help her through some of her issues and reconnect. It's better than going out and having an affair.

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'm glad you jumped right into posting, and also thanks for the proper introduction. We're a pretty close-knit community here, we genuinely care about our fellow members. I'm glad you have found that out first-hand. :)

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

This place is certainly the place to be when you need to talk, fantasize, learn and grow. The reason I came back is because now that I have come through a long fire I am strong enough to be back, and I know that it's ok here.....Welcome! ;)

4. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Welcome, Disney Dad. :)

5. awakened

awakened New Member

Hey there Disney Dad. We have been married 17 yrs and your story sounds like ours to a point (so far). Conservative was exactly the word I was looking for when I described our situation. This summer, I became extremely sexually active again, but more extreme than I have ever been. On a scale from mild to wild , I am Wild xxx, dont see how I could ever go back to being conservative, but your experience has let me know that it may happen. It may be as simple as a hormone issue for her, check it out. Mine was due to lightening strike !!!!!!!!!!!

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

I hate to bring up such a weighty issue in an introduction thread but, did you ever consider that your wife might have had an affair? Personally, when I have a very active sex life outside of what I have going on with my husband, I am more sexually active with him. When my virtual sex life slows or stops, so does the real sex I have with my husband. Just a thought.

7. disneydad

disneydad New Member

From your lips to god's ears (or your keyboard to God's eyes). Going back to Wild would be great.

8. disneydad

disneydad New Member

My wife's problem stems more from her lack of freedom so I doubt anything like that. It is certainly not impossible but she really is with me or our boys almost all the time. For now I'm going with the depression angle and we'll talk to a counselor abot that. Thanks though.

9. luvbug

Gold Member

Welcome to SF!

10. disneydad

disneydad New Member

Thanks I'm raising my glass in the bar and grill page