Oh My!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AnonymousOne, Aug 26, 2008.

1. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

The things the politicians won't tell you:

So this whole "OMGWTFBBQ" response about insurance is a fabrication. Hell I'm part of that percentage right now.

Oh look more money for people. And it's not just the rich moving that ration up because:
    Hot damn ... the middle class are getting richer, but you wouldn't know it from listening to either of the political candidates.

So, what does this mean? BUCK UP. The Mortgage crisis ain't good, but it's not Armageddon. (of course the mortgage crises was largely created by government anyway ... but they don't want to talk about that.)

It means that we're getting wealthier while really cool things (like the iPhone) are getting cheaper! So the extra cash these people are making is going farther for luxury goods. Of course the problem is that the price of everyday goods is rising, especially food.

The problem is that rising food prices have been driven up by three key things:
    1.) Ethanol Subsidies - Farms that once produced grains or cattle feed now are taking gov't handouts to produce ethanol (which is a very very shitty alternative to gas).

2.) Inflation - Give the Federal reserve a big ol' hug for driving down the value of your dollars.

3.) Rises in the cost of fuel - which is linked not to oil company collusion or "speculators". But to Supply/Demand and the rising oil consumption of international up and comers (India and China), and various other things which have marginal effects on the price of fuel, including ... inflation.

So, the news isn't all bad, and the world isn't ending and capitalism keeps doing what it does best, create wealth.

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Hey, A-1, thanks for posting that. I feel so much better now. I just hope that cbrmale doesn't step in to contradict you and kill my buzz. :rofl

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

He's welcome to try.

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

CBRMALE cannot touch this, CL. He doesnt have the brains!!!!

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Hey FC, thanks for getting my back, but ... don't antagonize Puss into closing this thread. Pwease?

6. rys

rys New Member

This is just the tip of the iceburg I think

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Well you're free to disagree with the Census Bureau. I'm not worried, wealth creation is increasing which makes us all better off through the availability of investment and loanable funds for use by entrepreneurs and market actors, which include everyday consumers.