OCD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Essene, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Essene

Gold Member

It doesn't have to be actual OCD. I meant, more so, the colloquialism.

I have to have my bills, currency, in ascending order. First in terms of 1's, 5's, 10's, so on- followed by the bills that are worth the same in order of their serial number. Fo, FB 22xxxxx would come before AC 998xxxxxx, but FB 22xxxxxx would come after FB 21xxxxxx.

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

I have a courier working for me who has OCD, and I really wonder how he got the job. As his boss, it drives me mad.

3. CosmicEye

Gold Member

That's OCD alright. I like it from smallest to largest just like everyone else, in any fashion, facing any way. I know some people that make them all facing up and all one way. It's too much of a hassle if it doesn't matter. Try debit cards :p

4. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Also, how do you keep your change?

5. Meee

Gold Member

My advice: Spend it before you have time to sort it. :tup

6. RideNaked

RideNaked New Member

Or give it to me so you don't have to worry yourself about it...

T

7. Essene

Gold Member

I seldom carry cash. But when I do- It's always facing up, and is not upside down.
    Change is too bulky for me and makes too much noise. I have a debit card and LOVE IT!

I don't spend that much money... I'm rather niggardly in that regard.

8. DECENT007

DECENT007 New Member

I don't go to the extent of serial #s but all bills face up small on top and folded once in the center, front right pocket always (I never put cash in my wallet for some odd reason) haha

9. CosmicEye

Gold Member

:rofl

Wallet is always in the back left pocket. It's too bulky to be comfy in the front pockets. Besides, that's where my keys and phone go.

10. Mittimer

Gold Member

I don't carry cash but when I do it's the exact same way.
    As far as my other OCD's (because yes, I'm extremely OCD) are weird.

I have to wash everything twice. My hands, face, hair, body etc.

I always have to have an odd number of items. Bills, coins, paper towels, pieces of toilet paper.

I always count the tiles (floor and ceiling) if I'm in an office.

I can only step on every other brick/tile/line on the floor.

I always line up my plate/books/utensils/computers/drinking glasses/etc with the exact edge of the table. It has to be even. Has to be.

When packing, I pack Military style. Rolling the garments. They are then categorized in rainbow fashion. Always.

My food can't touch on the plate. If it wasn't cooked together, it doesn't go together. I have to keep it apart or eat on a plate with multi departments.

Yeah...I'm ocd, but I don't let it ruin my life. My husband notices it and it never effects him. It's purely a me thing. Lol

11. Beach

Beach New Member

You'd have hated the way my Dad used to eat..
    One large bowl...potatoes, casserole, salad..whatever...then icecream on top. Swear! Lol..
    Then he'd go in the living room and eat on the floor laying on his stomach watching tv.

12. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Ugh I could never eat on my stomach. I used to have to have nothing touching on a plate but I've learned that taking a bite of 2 things tastes really good.

13. Essene

Gold Member

The toilet paper must be facing this way
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yPJe1w0Kjno/S0xWUYDnmiI/AAAAAAAAAIc/Va-Zy_aAnZ4/s320/toiletpaper.JPG

I have to have an even number of anything. The volume must be at 38, not 37 or 39. I fill my tank to an even number or to XX.50. If it's not an even number, it has to be diviseable by 5 (0, 5, 15, 25, 35, etc...)

I'm the same way Mitt. It started as a child playing "the floor is lava".

I like symmetry so when aligning my things, it's either parallel, transverse, or horizontal at 45 degrees.

I have to make sure the seat belt is straight before I get in or out of the car

I cross myself whenever I pass a church or see a cross or mentally take the Lord's name in vein.

I have an ex-friend who, whenever food would fall off of his food, like a piece of sausage off of his pizza, he would set it aside and not eat it even if it landed on the plate or his other hand. Once I had dinner with his family, and a meat ball fell back on top of his pasta. He put it aside and got another one from the pot.

14. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Now days anything is considered OCD just like every kid has ADD. They are kids they are supposed to have energy. But, the way you mitts and way more severly how Essene explains it, thats official.

I think as a kid I liked odd numbers, and still do. If I kissed one of my stuffed animals goodnight, all the others got the same number of kisses. I used to always step on cracks the same number of times with each foot and in the same place. I think a lot of that has faded though thru years ago. The only thing I do know is that I always have to knock on a door 12 times. It just soun right

15. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Have you guys ever watched those shows Obsessed or that other one I can't remember? There is such thing as alot worse..

16. Essene

Gold Member

You are certainly correct concerning certain disorders being wrongfully used. Having a better understanding of repetition and overzealous children (and adults) is good, but some times (as depicted in many shows and articles) it can be misdiagnosed.

My hand would hurt after twelve times.