Nuvaring (Birth Control)

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by mousse, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mousse

mousse New Member

Anyone heard of this birth control method? My girlfriend just started taking it and we read the directions but it doesnt say (or we cant find) anything about when she can have sex again. I even checked the website. Anyone know anything about this? If not i'll just ask the pharmacist tommorow. Thanks. =)

2. Ice Cold

Ice Cold New Member

My girlfriend has been using it for about 6-7 months, i can't really recall how long you have to wait to have unprotected sex, but you can call them and ask them.

3. warblast

warblast New Member

My girlfriend started to take it, I think its 2 weeks and you can have unprotected sex, but dont quote me on it, we still use condoms even with that in there because shes worried, but thats cool with me, There dosent need to be little mes' running around anyway

4. The Mistress

The Mistress New Member

I have used it for several years. I love it.
    I believe I was told a week (7 days), but I'm on the paranoid side, so I go w/2 weeks also. :nerv

The thing I really like about it, is that if you have a special weekend planned (or something) and you wanted to postpone the cycle by a few days, or speed it up....you can.

You are supposed to wear it for 21 days, remove it, and then in 2-3 days start your cycle, then when finished, insert a new ring. But you can go more than 21 days....
    Say day 21 was a Wed. and you have big travel plans for the weekend....leave it in over the weekend, and take it out on Monday. No big deal. But DON'T toy w/the dates on putting in a fresh one. :eek

Funny story:
    I'd only been using the ring a few months and things were going great. Then out of the blue....I start bleeding. I'm like Oh shit, what is going on? Come to find out....my ring was gone! No where to be found. I started freaking out. How/where could I have lost it? I thought back 2-3 days....Ahh yes...that fuck-a-thon I'd been having w/the b/f earlier in the week...We started on the couch, so I looked there, then moved up stairs. No ring to be found. I was real worried how I lost it since I had NO IDEA.
    I was able to get another refill of my Rx and just inserted a fresh ring afer I stopped bleeding and went on w/life.

Then months down the road, I was moving out, taking apart my water bed...and there was the missing ring....swallowed by the bed. :p

Moral of the story....it CAN come out during sex and you not know it.

I have since found out, that you can remove it for about 2-3 hrs at a time, wash it off, and reinsert. But DON'T forget to put it back in w/in 2-3 hrs.

5. mousse

mousse New Member

You can have sex with it in there? Wouldnt it be wise to take it out? Lol thanks for the story.. =)

6. The Mistress

The Mistress New Member

Yes, you can have sex w/it in there. That was how I was instructed to use it at first. But it was pretty new then (almost 4 yrs ago). The woman doesn't feel it at all, sometimes the guys do, sorta like an IUD.
    Since then they have learned a bit more about what you can and can't do w/it. I think they were afraid ppl would not use it correctly and get pregnant. But you have to be responsible enough to remember to put it back in during the time frames. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.