Nudity And Children

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by srhorse, Oct 24, 2009.

1. srhorse

srhorse New Member

Does anyone have opinions on this? My family has always been comfortable with this but some people find it weird any opinions?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Could you elaborate? I'm not really sure about what you mean.

3. igor

Gold Member

I assume you mean about family members going around the house nude. My mindset is that while I wouldn't purposely promote nudity, it shouldn't be thought of as something shameful if it happens. Probably not a good idea for a bunch of horny teenage siblings running around naked however...

4. fantasien

fantasien New Member

Hahaha yeah we don't want that do we?!!

But my thoughts are about the basis that nudity is what we are Born into. If some one is more comfortable wearing nothing then so be it. But my feelings on the subject of clothing is it represses freedom and the human spirit and is in a sense what is used to sexualise others. Clothing is sexual, but nudity is ffree

5. igor

Gold Member

Some clothing can be more provacative than wearing nothing. If we all were naked from birth on, then it wouldn't be an issue.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

I agree with all of the above, but do consider the source. At SF, many of us are a little freer spirits than everybody on the street.

I personally think more casual familiarity with each others bodies would eliminate a lot of peoples deep hangups and fears about their bodies and self image. In other words, we would all know how varied all of each others blobs, splotches, wrinkles, uneven symmetry, etc. really is. We might even realize none of us are as perfect as we try to fool everybody into believing.

But I don't condone everyone always running around naked, for the reason Igor pointed out. Clothes are necessary for obvious reasons. I sure don't want to plant my bare ass on the warm spot you left on the leather couch, right before you trotted off to the bathroom, and what the hell is that sticky spot anyway! Clothes also absorb moisture and confine odors.

So, having blathered all that, I think it's fine if the children see you and their sibs walking nude to the shower or changing clothes. Don't hide it, don't flaunt it.