Now please don't go off on me about this post. If you buy from the Internet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lovemypolish, Jul 20, 2014.

1. lovemypolish

Gold Member

Question about you shopping on the Internet, would you rather have a good discount or free shipping keep in mind you cannot have both, so which would you rather have. Let me say most if not everything we buy in a store has a shipping cost even gas at the service station we all are paying a shipping cost. Now if a site is giving free shipping and no discount would you buy from that site? Or a discount and no free shipping unless you buy up to the amount that they will give you free shipping? I thank you for answering my question about this.

2. teamster145

Gold Member

Whichever is cheaper. Not into gimmicks. Not much help but the truth.

3. lovemypolish

Gold Member

That is ok, I thank you for the post.

4. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

More marketing...

*Yawn*

jiminysleep.jpg
    xx

5. lovemypolish

Gold Member

Well yes in away, but you will notice it is in the off topic area. :p

6. etaf

etaf Member

+1 Whichever is cheaper.
    i always check to see the shipping cost before buying inline

7. lovemypolish

Gold Member

I am sorry I am putting you to sleep with my post. lol :p However, I need the feedback on this subject, reason being is we have two sites, one for adult product lines and the other for regular products. It will be good to see how people think about buying off the net, I guess I should have stated it another way in asking, like I should have asked it as listed below.

1. If you are buying product off the net, do want Free shipping when buying off the net?
    2. If you are buying off the net, do you want a big discount and no free shipping?
    :p

8. lovemypolish

Gold Member

I know shipping is a big issue for people buying, it is a big part of trying offer products at a great price so it will off set the shipping cost or sell at full price and give free shipping, it is hard on figuring out which way to go when selling on the net, I thank you for the feedback. All the best, Rhonda

9. pinotnoir

pinotnoir Member

I tend to look at the total price, but I'm an accountant by trade (talk about boring, lol). But I think I would go with the discount over the free shipping. Discounts draw people in and that's what you want to do, engage a potential consumer.

Do you have the ability to test this out on your site? One week offer discounts, the next week offer free shipping?

10. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

"we have two sites, one for adult product lines and the other for regular products"

I seem to recall using the forum for sales/marketing purposes is highly frowned upon. Just some friendly advice. Folks, including myself seem to like you otherwise, but I am not the first to notice this sort of activity mixed in and is likely why others have mentioned it. Have fun here, but for your own sake, check your briefcase at the door, and leave the marketing out of it. We know you are in sales/marketing, hence using the forum for commercial purposes.

xx

#10 Cappy_Dick, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  11. lovemypolish

Gold Member

Ok, I understand and I thank you for the notice, I will not post any more about sales of product questions. It's kind of a shame someone cannot save folks money on products that they might be looking for, so I guess they will have to fore go a good deal, but I understand your feeling about me post my questions and not listing any reference to our site and would not unless it was permitted. I hope you have a happy day Sir.:p

12. teamster145

Gold Member

I am not real sure what she is doing is all that bad. She has not advertised anything, all she is doing is asking questions. Feel free to not respond. If she does not get any responses I am sure she will quit asking.

13. lovemypolish

Gold Member

You are so right Sir, but it does help my working in my field of marketing of products, as you stated, I have not posted any site name or address of the site. We have very good traffic and are doing well with business, however, it helps on understanding how some people view buying on the net, as to where they want free shipping or a big discount without having free shipping sites cannot do both it is like if you are working or own a company you have to make a profit and cannot give the farm away. I thank you for your feedback.
    Rhonda

14. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Rhonda,

My post was meant only to bring to your attention that your threads that are thinly veiled marketing and product surveys may not be considered acceptable. I didn't want you to possibly be banned for it, as I have enjoyed your other contributions to the forum.

That said, myself and others that I know who buy products online tend to look at total cost. When searching for an item the terms "free shipping" and "discount" may garner a look, but knowing that one pays for the other will have me compare several sites before deciding where to buy. Bottom line and shipping location are the biggest factors.

xx

15. lovemypolish

Gold Member

I thank you for the feedback and that is what I was looking for. :p

16. oldkid

I find most things I want are sold by more than one merchant. I will shop around all day to save a penny. Sales tax, shipping, merchant reputation all go into the mix. If A sells it for 2.99 and free shipping, no sales tax, and B sells it for a dollar and two dollars shipping and no sales tax, A gets my order. Full stop.
    By the way, I don't know what all the fuss is about your question. I didn't see you advertising anything. Did I miss something?

17. Rob_E

Staff Member Administrator

The issue is with regard to your purpose here. This is not a marketing or sales forum. This IS a sex forum. Are you contributing to THIS site?

Mittimer likes this.
  18. lovemypolish

Gold Member

Hi Rob, well I thought I have posted good post and not so much of my work, sorry if I stepped out some what, I will not do any more posting of my work, however, I hope you have noticed I have not posted any links or name any site. I will say one of our sites would help your members very much if it was allowed but I know you don't. I do belong to a few forums that do allow helping their members find good deals on products that is geared to that forum and members like it, it helps members save money. I will do no more posting asking questions.

All the best,
    Rhonda

19. lovemypolish

Gold Member

Thank you Sir for your kind words, however, I have caught some flack for asking the questions I have asked so let just say, I will not be asking any more and just view this forum from time to time, have a good day.

All the best,
    Rhonda

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

If the price is comparable, I'll buy locally, at least my tax dollars help my city some. If the online product is 15% cheaper, I'll order it, and since I'm an Amazon Prime member, two day free shipping, that's the way I go. And yes, I'm an Amazon whore.

10_3XL likes this.