Not sure what to do, he keeps contacting me after my friend ended their relationship

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by SarahBear2010, Nov 22, 2010.

1. SarahBear2010

SarahBear2010 New Member

My friend ended the relationship with her finance middle of last summer. Then I didn't hear from the guy for awhile. Then all the sudden, he starts contacting me wanting money and occassionally a booty call. Two of the reasons things fell apart was because he haven't had a job for almost a year and a half. Another is he abuses alcohol and dope. The guy told me he has been going to rehab for his drug addiction with prescription painkillers.

My gut instincts tells me he's lying after seeing FB photos of him surrounded by booze and associating with people that I know smoke dope. That and he doesn't allow me to hang out with him AND his friends after he and his ex weren't together anymore. The visit is brief when I see him so we really don't get a chance to communicate much.

I don't contact him because I know he's just using for me for money, occasionally there's sex involved and have a hard time saying no because of the friendship of several years we have shared. That and when we see each other, he kisses me and hugs me tightly. My friend don't know about it and I have heard that he harrasses her occassionally since they've broken up a few months ago. She's an alcoholic too and has gotton drunk mid-afternoon.

No, I do not want a relationship with him and told him that I like being single. When I told him that, he told me he likes being single too and I find it hard to believe ​

2. HayleyB

HayleyB New Member

Re: Not sure what to do, he keeps contacting me after my friend ended their relations

Personally I would remove the guy from my life, he sounds like poison.

3. igor

Gold Member

Re: Not sure what to do, he keeps contacting me after my friend ended their relations

You don't need "friends" like that.

4. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

^^^ they already spoke my opinion =)

5. Kermit

Gold Member

Loyalty shouldn't be exploited, those who would seek to exploit it, directly or indirectly are not friends as friendship is a two way street, not a one way

6. CruelTease

Gold Member

So you're sleeping with your friends ex fiance? Does she know?

Cut this loser out of your life, it;s what's best for you and your friend.

#6 CruelTease, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

You're sleeping with your friend's ex fiancee who ended their relationship badly, is a user, is poor by his own merrit, and who spends what little money he does acquire from the good intentions of others on drugs which are illegal and probably perpetuate his lifeless cycle.

If, deep down, you don't know the proper response to this question, then I truly fear for you. Dump this loser before he drags you down or gives you a terrible STD from someone addicted to worse things than him (Hepititis-C, HIV, etc...). It happens. And it happens All The Time.

He doesn't sound like a "friend you've had for years". He sounds like a "friend you had years ago". How long has it been since he's acted like a friend and not a lifeless user that lies and hurts people?

Come on. Do youself a favor. Move forward and upward. It's a lot easier if you aren't dragging dead weight when you do it.

8. luvbug

Gold Member

I agree with CruelTease and SWGirl.....IMO you need to cut this guy loose...walk away....have nothing else to do with him. Hes a user....you deserve better than this.

9. SarahBear2010

SarahBear2010 New Member

I never slept with him, just had sex. No she doesn't know

Never slept with him. Just sex. We were friends for several years. He went downhill with the choices he made in life which was part of why my friend broke things off with him. The guy claims he's getting his sh*t together. I don't know that because we hardly see each other since their relationship has ended. I tell myself to just end it and ignore him because he only contacts me on his terms and doesn't show much interest in spending time with me when we meet.

#9 SarahBear2010, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  10. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Sarah....can you do something for me......:ugh
    Go back up to the top of the page and reread every post again on the way down will ya'....
    There's a common theme here girl.....:eyes
    Piss this dropkick off before he drags you down any further!!!!!:yell

You sound like somebody who deserves better.

11. too_thick

too_thick Member

SarahBear2010,

Go find a new friend.

12. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yep agreed, do as all are saying above; drop this dipstick.
    Give no money, no sex, no........... nothing!

13. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Why not just tell him you don't want HIM in your life.
    First, if he wants to clean up he will do it but he should
    not BS someone to get money and sex.

Let the guy do his thing somewhere else.

14. HayleyB

HayleyB New Member

There is a very fine line between the two, and I am not sure it is one your friend would recognise.

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

having sex = sleeping with someone.

How could it be any other way? :ugh

16. SarahBear2010

SarahBear2010 New Member

I didn't know that. I thought sleeping with someone meant staying overnight with him in the same bed. I never stayed overnight with him

17. Kermit

Gold Member

Literally yes, but when you say "sleeping with someone" 99% of people will assume you to mean fucking

18. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

some people define sleeping as actual sleep? :eek :)

19. Silverback

Silverback Member

Get out! Get well away from him and stay well away from him.

My opinion has been expressed by others already in this post, especially SWGirl, I see no point in repeating it, but I will reiterate it.

If you have to do the full Forest Gump and run :)

20. igor

Gold Member

Not on this forum :lol