Not sexually attracted to white women

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Sexy Scholar, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy Scholar

Sexy Scholar New Member

This is an odd question, but are there any people here that are not attracted in the least bit to the most prevalent race in your area? I am curious because I thought that attraction is developed by the kinds of people around you, especially (and perhaps exclusively) during childhood. I have always lived in predominantly white areas, and yet, as a white male, find that I am only attracted to darker women. I still think many women around me are very pretty, just not attractive most of the time.

Does anyone else experience this? Do you have any knowledge as to why your personal attractions and preferences have developed the way they have? I can still ask this question of those who don't share my personal tastes-- I am but one example.

I am very interested in what people have to say!

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

Maybe it would help shed some light on your situation if you provided more details. Is this sexual attraction to women of color a recent discovery, or is this something you've been aware of for a while?

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

A lot of men find darker "exotic" type women very attractive. It's a common fantasy. Have you always been like this is? Maybe this is just a phase you're going through.

4. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I am just the opposite.
    I have seem many darker women that is very attractive
    but their is no way that They could turn me on.

That statment does not include Hispanics.

5. Bella

Gold Member

Don't think it should be about "color" at all!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    ~Bella

6. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Maybe it's not only 'skin color' but distinguishing features as well?

I can relate to what he is saying, generally speaking.
    Honestly, there are certain ethnicities where I may find and individual very beautiful or handsome but not a huge sexual turn on.

However I cannot say that I feel that way about the opposite sex of my own color/race.
    I do know some men who feel the same way you do, Sexy Scholar, though they've never really discussed the 'why' of it.
    Maybe they don't know either :)

7. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

KK said
    Maybe they don't know either

That is a very interesting line, And probally is true.
    any ideas people. ???

8. Cafe

Cafe New Member

I'm caucasian and have grown up most of my life amongst mostly similar people. I can be turned on by a caucasian girl, easily, if she's beautiful and "sexy" in my eyes.

However I am much much more easily turned on by Asian girls. It is both skin and, predominantly, body features. With them, my age range expands, what most people would find "normal" I think is gorgeous, so on.

Hispanics are good too, but not the same, they don't have enough similar features to be in the same league in my head.

Much darker skin I don't mind at all, but typically they are around the same feelings as caucasians to me, because their body features do not stand out in the ways I prefer.

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

In my country, we tend not to divide the population by skin colour. My wife is African coloured from Africa, which means she is half-African and half-white. I like her skin colour, but I was more attracted to her personality and style. Some guys were and still are attracted to her brown skin, and we both know it.

I've had lots of sexual relationships with lots of women from all around the world, and I like all women to be honest. Younger Asian women are often gorgeous (smooth hairless bodies, petite features), white women are more curvy and statuesque and lovely to play with when naked together, darker skin is attractive in its own right and so on. The only thing I don't like on an attractiveness level is a woman who has let herself go. A woman can be older than me and still have a great figure and look hot, or be youngish and look dumpy and terrible. But other that that, I love them all!

10. Staypuff

Staypuff New Member

Well, I'm not a guy. But I tend to glance and float towards the african american descent.
    They just seem so hot to me (no offense boys). ;p

11. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

To me, race and color have always been totally irrelevant. I guess that had to do with how my parents taught me to see people and I am very grateful for it. If I was dating, nowadays, I would be open to women of all kinds from the lightest, most blonde Scandanavian to the darkest women in the equator region and every kind in between. Size has never made much difference to me either. Personality and things we have in common would be far more important to me than anything else although I wouldn't rule out a woman with whom I have very little in common. Anyway, "red and yellow, black and white (or what have you), they're all precious in my sight...", if I may borrow a line from a famous children's song! ;>

12. BinghamtonNY

BinghamtonNY Member

Bella, I agree with you. But I think that's exactly what Sexy Scholar is saying.

13. Staypuff

Staypuff New Member

That's very noble of you Hubby. And I agree.

14. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I disagree. "I'm in love with a White woman who is beautiful and has a great personality and is kind" is totally different than "I'm in love with a beautiful woman who has a great personality and is so kind, and is White". Wouldn't you agree? I've never looked at people as races. There may be general features of a race that one finds attractive or unattractive, but not every person of a gender of a race carries those features. So to say that one does not find white women attractive at all (or any other race as a generalization) has race issues, in my opinion.

15. barbie

barbie New Member

There are many,many georgous men of different color and race.
    Can't say I'm sexually attracted to them,but I sure do enjoy looking.

16. KizzoGirl

KizzoGirl New Member

I'm African-American and have never had a crush or anything on any African-American girl, like, ever. I remember dating one back in middle school for the duration of a week, and only because she had a nice ass and I was stupid at the time, but that was about it. I grew up in a childhood filled with primarily Vietnamese and Filipino children, and I can safely say today that I am VERY much attracted to Asian girls, oddly enough. Lately (over the past year), I've been in love with Japanese girls and how cute they can be (to me anyways). This attractivness is actually a very important reason for my plans on moving to Japan after I graduate college. I really don't think I'll ever be that attracted to girls of my own race though (unless, they act like Asian girls).

17. Sexy Scholar

Sexy Scholar New Member

Good question. It is a bit of a recent discovery for me, although I have always noticed that that the women I find attractive are more likely to have darker skin than a random pick from the people around me. Only this year have I put the pieces together to discover that I have a strong rule of attraction pertaining to skin color, and am very intrigued by how that came about.

Some more details that may be relevant:

I grew up in the southwest and saw many Latina women in my formative years, although white women still outnumbered them.

My mother is part American Indian. It is hard to discern in her just what it is; it just looks mildly exotic.

I value genetic diversity, and sometimes find myself looking for women that look different than me in any way.

These may or may not be important. The reason I started this thread is to shed some light on what factors are important, because I don't know well enough to even explain my own "attraction system."

Yes, this is definitely true. Blue eyes, for example, are an immediate turn-off for me, and can change a perfect 10 into a 2. Blond hair catches my eye but doesn't keep it as long as any other color. The rosy color that shows up on white skin can be endearing when it comes from being flushed, but isn't attractive in any case. The slight concavity that arises from sharp cheek bones in also unattractive to me. As a side note, I think all of these features are attractive in men, even though I am a heterosexual male. The fact that they make me queasy when I see them on women makes me suspect some kind of trauma from woman who looks like this, but I have no memory of this and doubt that such a memory would remain repressed when I am so interested in uncovering everything. I would have to rule out that possibility as unlikely (in case any of you were suspecting it).

You sound like you know what your attractions are fairly well, but do you know how they came to be?

Same question. ;D

I certainly hope that my discovery is not that I have race issues! We can challenge this more if necessary after clarification. By looking at races, specifically "white," I am referring to the general features, which I do have opinions on individually (some mentioned above). I do find some Caucasian women attractive, but usually that requires that many of the traits that commonly define the lineage are not actually Caucasian. Skin color in particular is especially important for me, judging by the fact that the most Caucasian women I find attractive are those that have a substantial amount of melanin in them, as opposed to Caucasian women that have other, non-Caucasian traits.

This is pretty much what I'm searching for. You say that childhood surroundings affected you attractions. What specifically about it is important, considering that your surroundings impacted your attractions in a clear way, whereas mine in not-so-clear a way?

And thanks for responding, everyone. I would like to add that I am trying to approach this topic carefully, in a way where I can be inquisitive but not pejorative to any one's looks.

18. cbrmale

Gold Member

Interesting reply, and it triggered something in my memory. I had a terrible mother, she was depressive, manipulative, self-centred... Still is to a degree. In any case, I was attracted to my African wife for a number of reasons, nothing to do with her colour, but certainly something. Later, I realised it was because she was the total opposite to my mother in all ways. Her different cultural background and her values made the difference (and not her appearance or skin colour).

So is your thing about white women (and I am a blonde and blue-eyed man, so I found your comments interesting) due to deeper psychological reasons, something from your past? You don't have to answer, but it could be food for thought.

19. Bluesy

Gold Member

That is freaky strange. Hunh. I can understand having an inexplicable attraction to certain physical characteristics, but this revulsion for the typical caucasian features is a real puzzler, particularly because those are the features that you yourself possess.

I was wondering if perhaps there was a connection between this attraction and some sort of event, or a person. Like a woman you fell in love with at one time...? I've known it to happen to people. They have a hard time getting over an ex, or an unrequited love, and they unconsciously seek out prospective partners who share the same characteristics. Kind of like a substitute for the person they can't have. I don't know if that rings any bells for you.

I certainly don't think it's unusual to have preferences, but most people I know don't have a problem transcending skin color when it comes to love (and lust). I could just as easily fall in love with a black man as a white one. In fact, I've had crushes on men of just about every ethnicity.

Very curious. Let us know if you can think of any other possible contributing factors.

20. klasman

klasman New Member

wow! an hour reading that topic! (i am mexican so, slow reading english)

I know, for certain that attraction is merely a social issue. The instinct tells us that we need to reproduce, and the nature gave us pleasure to invite us to it. Therefore, your body and wild mind is ready to do it with some good genes out there.

But then there is society, which gives us a sexual role, a sexual orientation, a beauty standard, and divide us by skin colour, etc.

So, you being attracted to only womens that arent so common in your social circle is being extravagant lover...just like asian lovers etc

I prsonally dont think in that when feeling aroused by a women, i only let my inner wildness guide me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.