Not interested anymore

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by SexyBeto, Jan 11, 2011.

1. SexyBeto

SexyBeto New Member

Well to start off I'm venting and writing this on my iPod so for any misspellings or typo's I will blame the iPod.

Anyways, I really just got off the phone with my I want to say ex but she didn't get the message. I do have to say that I tried every trick I could think of to try and get the point across without being direct. It's not really that I don't like her anymore she's just too far away and I want somebody new, but I'm trying to be nice and considerate by letting her down easy. I'm not sure what to do, I'm thinking I will have to be direct but it's so hard when she tells you she loves you etc...I can't deal with women who cry. Not too long I hope, any ideas on what I should do?

2. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Even though I should be asleep right now (been awake for 20 hours straight, 80 hour work week:() I have to say this:

You need to be honest and upfront with her. Trying to let her down easy isn't really a bad thing, but making sure that she understands what you feel, and why you feel that way (ie. long distance relationship) is what is key. Sometimes, breaking up is harder than it needs to be, for both of you, and that is just something that you can't do anything about. Have either of you tried to do something about closing the gap in the distance, like occasional weekend trips, or even moving closer to one another if possible? I am just trying to throw out some ideas to maybe save the relationship, as it seems like you really care about her a lot.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

Ditto of what Mr Mucker said,
    You need to be honest with her, be an adult and tell her straight forward. Don't beat around the bush about things. I know the dealing with women cry thing can be sucky, but it's part of life.

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

Being nice is all well and good, but if it doesn't work, you've gotta be blunt.

5. CruelTease

Gold Member

Man up and tell her properly.

6. sinner

sinner New Member

There was a Seinfeld episode where george wasn't able to break up with a girlfriend not to mention a paul simon song. I know I'm dating myself but the point is that it isn't hard. Just do it.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

Screw another girl in front of her, that usually does it.

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

Nah, with his luck, she'd pile on.

9. SexyBeto

SexyBeto New Member

This is true...not sure whether this is good or bad

10. SexyBeto

SexyBeto New Member

So I think I've planned what I'm going to say to her, it will be blunt and as Cruel Tease said, "man up" I will.