Not horny

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by azezpz1, May 3, 2007.

1. azezpz1

azezpz1 New Member

I have been taking Paxil for about 1 and a half years now to help with anxiety, but, this pill has made me have no sex drive at all. I know that's what it is, because recently I forgot to take it one night, and the next day, I could hardly contain myself. What can I do to increase my sex drive? Thanks!

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Have you tried talking to your doctor to find something new? If you know it's the pill that's causing it I doubt anything other then getting off the pill will make a difference.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

I agree with Ryan. Talk with your doctor and see if there are any alternatives to the medication you're taking that won't affect your sex drive so much.

4. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Try adding a low dose of Wellbutrin to the mix. It helped my wife regain her sex drive.

5. SDAVIS

SDAVIS New Member

How much is your daily dosage? I have taken 10mg daily for premature ejac only and I would say that it hasn't eliminated my drive. It may have reduced it from insatiable to bearable if I don't get any sex and I no longer feel the urge to JO all the time, so I can relate, but the effect on me has been positive overall. I also knwo a guy that is on 20mg for the same problem and he still has a strong drive. I know the dose for what you take it for is probably much higher and that COULD affect your drive for sure, but I would look at other things too, such as are you overweight/out of shape? Do you get enough excercise and rest? How is your caffeine consumption. As I understand it from doctor friends, there are many other things that can adversely affect your drive. What is your daily dose?

6. bryanedp9

bryanedp9 Member

i'd say just talk to the doc about it, and see what you can do that way.

however...

i'm not sure on this, but i took paxil for awhile a few years back, and it usually takes the stuff at least 3 days to leave most peoples' systems, so perhaps it's a bit in your head. just a theory. i kind've doubt that, though.

i've switched from 50mg paxil to 150mg welbutrin, and it keeps the anxiety away better, and my sex drive is just like anyone else my age if not stronger. maybe making that switch is a good idea.

7. Bluesy

Gold Member

I know several people who've done the same, and it worked a treat for them.

Whatever you do, do NOT quit Paxil cold turkey. The dosage has to be decreased gradually in order to avoid withdrawal syndrome.

8. azezpz1

azezpz1 New Member

I'll ask about wellbutrin, I was on it a while ago, but it was a low dosage.
    I'm on 50mg (used to be on 75, yowza)
    Gotta figure something out, my GF is asking why I haven't cum the last 4 times we've had sex.