Noobie question, I excuse myself...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by PhuckMeImFamous, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhuckMeImFamous

PhuckMeImFamous New Member

Ok, my girlfriend was cheated on 2 years ago by her boyfriend...
    How does she knows about it ?
    Well... she contracted Chlamydia.
    She got cured because she took the antibiotics.
    She took an STD's test theres about 4-5 months and she was ok.

Anyway, my real question is...

I went down on her a couple of times but I was just wondering if i can catch any STD's this way ( she's clean , it's just a general wondering )...

I'm scared to get rid of the condom but i go down lol , i'm not making any sense right ? cuz if she HAD something, i would alrdy have it , right ?

Thx, i excuse myself in advance lol

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Kudos to you and your girlfriend for having open, candid conversation about STD's. I applaud you, and I mean that!

Having established that she is clean, then you are, in general, safe performing oral on her without fear of contracting an std, as long as the two of you remain monogamous. It seems to me that as long as the two of you remain faithful to each other, and do not include other sexual partners, then the need for condoms is for birth control, and the use should be continued, but that you can be confident that you will not share an std (as long as you've both tested clear).

IN GENERAL: Yes, you can contract STD's through oral sex as easily as through genital to genital sex. So, yes, in general if you feel the need to use protection against std's during genital to genital contact, it seems it would be wise to also choose to protect yourself from std's during oral to genital contact. Many of us don't. Many, many, many of us. As someone who converses with many individuals who have multiple partners, this happens all the time. The individuals utilize condoms during intercourse, but no other protection at any other time. Yes, this exposes you to possibility of contracting an std. This is why a monogamous relationship is the safest.

3. PhuckMeImFamous

PhuckMeImFamous New Member

thx for your answer...

So technically, if she had something, i should have it by now cuz i performed oral sex...

She's pissed with me cuz i performed oral sex but im scared to have sex with her without condom... am i normal ? lol

( i know she's clean because her last boyfriend passed a STD's test and he had nothing )

Oh and by the way, just curious, the test for STD's is with a Q-TIP right ?

Can you guys/girls tell me a little bit more about it plz ?

THANK YOU.

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

It sorta sounds like even though she's tested negative (or clear of any std's) you kinda sorta still don't believe her. That's just the feeling I'm getting, so I could understand if she's feeling the same way. Technically, if she had something would you have it by now? Not necessarily. How long have you been together? IF she has an active bacterial infection of some sort, such as chlamydia, yea, you'd probably have it by now, if you've been together for longer than two weeks (average). IF she were to have some other things, you don't necessarily get it right away. STD's are tricky, like any other illness/disease. Some have an "incubation period". For example, one typically has their first herpes outbreak 7-21 days after exposure. Then many people believe that it can only be passed when the carrier is having a physical outbreak, but that isn't true. There are times when a person who has had a herpes outbreak can by asymptomatic and still pass on the virus. So.... there's no clear cut answer here for ya. Questions you have to ask yourself.... Do you care deeply for this partner? Do you trust that she is monogamous? Are YOU monogamous? She had something in the past that she was treated for, an std that luckily has a cure. Was she with that partner again after she was treated? Has she been with any other partner since she was last tested? Now, I'm gonna tell you, barraging her with these questions is just about the quickest way to get your ass kicked out of her bed, as it seems like you've most likely discussed the answer at least once already. Am I right? If you KNOW she's clean, as you stated above, then you know she's clean. The end. (As long as you trust her.)

Honest answer about the condom question, and this is gonna be frank and blunt, which I'm known for here, but I apoligize to any who may find it offending. You CAN get any genital std from oral sex, which means you then have that std smack dab on your gorgeous face..... for all to see...... for you to deal with in a much more public and, frankly, judgeable manner. While you can hide a sore on your penis until it's healed and you're all cured, it's less easily hidden when it's displayed right on your kisser. Understand what I'm saying? In doing the research for chlamydia, the oral form sets in one's throat, which doesn't sound comfortable or pretty. Oral herpes can show on the lips or in the mouth. Again, hard to hide. Here's an interesting thing that most don't think about..... but these diseases are passed through moist openings in the body, including the eyes.... So the FIRST question is whether you know a partner well enough to trust the answers they give you, THEN asking about their std status, THEN deciding on methods of protection.

This is a really long answer, sorry. The simple answers: No, you aren't guaranteed to have already contracted something if she has something, it depends on the disease, how long you've been together, and many other things. If in doubt, get tested. The test itself typically includes drawing blood, a physical examination of the penis, scrotum, perineum, and anus, and the q-tip swab via the urethra. Yea, it's not incredibly comfortable, and typically there is some burning during urination for a time following the test. However, it's obviously an important part of the std test, and necessary to determine your health and guarantee the health of your partner.

5. sexbite

sexbite New Member

Go to the clinic and pass the analysises. it costs about $10

6. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Doesn't every STD show any kind of outbreak or signs? I know that AIDS/HIV comes much later but can detect it by test after 1 month from exposure, unless it is still 6 months? I heard that Herpes can hide for long time (being dominant) and pass to others. I had been with 5 different ladies but I had been with faithful with my wife for last 4 years. I don't see any kind of outbreak, beside acnes. I had seen different pictures of different STDs. They are not pretty at all.

7. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Actually, Blue, that's one of the trickiest things about std's. One may have one for quite some time before the symptoms are serious enough to force them to seek medical treatment. The pictures you see of std's are typically the most serious cases. The signs and symptoms are especially tricky in women...... where I can visually inspect all your parts, you can't visually inspect all of mine.

8. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Unless, of course, you carry a speculum and sigmoidoscope with you, heh, heh! :brow Oh, yeah, don't forget a tube of KY jelly!! ;)

9. freemark

freemark New Member

Sounds like you have a legitimate concern and need to stay on top of this for both of you. Probably regular check ups once a month, then move to once every 3 months, and so on til you can see that you are both clean or a longer time. Definitely use protection.

10. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Confession: I have herpes. I contracted it from a former partner after we'd been together, sexually active, for 2-3 months. She didn't know she had it and in fact blamed me for giving it to her. This was 10 years ago. I've never had a recurring outbreak. I've been living with my current partner (and wife) for more than 7 years now, having sex an average of 3-4 times per week, and she's not contracted it... yet. No, we do not use protection. There have been a couple times when we've refrained from having sex for a week or so when I've had a cold sore on my mouth or a pimple on my penis, but I *don't think* those were outbreaks. Better safe than sorry.

Perhaps one of the reasons I've not had an outbreak is because when I first suspected it I got treatment for it immediately. That first outbreak was NASTY! I had sores all over my privates, my face, in my mouth... and I was sick as hell! I first showed symptoms less than a week after contact, and it lasted for 2-3 weeks before it went dormant. I had a full beard before it was over.

The woman I contracted it from was a virgin except for childhood sexual abuse/incest 20+ years earlier, so she (we) assumed she was clean. She'd never dated, and I was the first man she'd ever kissed! NOBODY is completely safe unless they've had a full battery of tests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.