Non-sexual reasons for having sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by EarthboundEnigma, Sep 9, 2016.

1. EarthboundEnigma

Gold Member

Oscar Wilde once said "Everything in the world is about sex...except sex, sex is about power."

I think in many ways he was right. I don't expect us to get into some Sigmund Freud type discussion about the subconscious attributes that pull on us and make us long for different sexual experiences (though that in itself is interesting to think about).

Aside from the physical sensations of your nervous system sending happy signals to your brain, what does sex do for you?

2. JackieTreehorn

Gold Member

It's about sharing that heightened moment of 'happy signals' with your partner. Not only do you get to feel those sensations, you get to see the person you're intimate with experiencing that joy too. What a great feedback loop.
    Oh, and you can make babies that way too.

It is a fascinating question and I hope there are more responses. I'm not sure there are non-sexual reasons for having sex in quite the same way there are, say, non-hunger-related reasons for eating, but if someone comes up with an answer to that, it will probably be interesting.