Non sexual - making money

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by doggiestylegirluk, Sep 4, 2015.

1. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

#TeamDSG Services GmbH - located Germany / UK
    Just throwing this out there somewhat reaching out to a different type of community I would encounter offline.

It's about making money and the tolerance to it

Some appear not to care, others to make enough to get by.

For me I like to make lots of money then more, but not for the reasons you might be thinking. If in making excess money it means I'm making the people we employ wealthy too. Indeed some of our long term colleagues are very wealthy now - which they don't mind, even if they still find our relative young age a concern.

In addition to making the money and helping others earn, it means what we provide we are successful and those that pay for our services are getting what they deserve.

So with tolerance, what's your thoughts to making money.

Plus through mrs DSG - who to be fair is my main banker :) 'we' give to various charities and foundations money.

Most of our money is generated from hard work and profession but we do play the stock markets a bit, not as much as pre late 2008.

2. fbbg

Gold Member

I'm not against those who make money through work, skill, knowledge or even a bit of luck. People who expect it for nothing or simply because they feel like they "deserve it" annoy me.

I've worked hard since the day I left school at 16 and well before I'm 30 I'm earning well compared to most of the country despite working in the lowest paid area of the country. I wouldn't want it any other way :)

3. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

That's it FBBG - it's about working hard. MrsDSG and myself have thought about selling our UK business and splitting the profit - then we thought about almost letting it run itself with a paid operations manager. In the end, I will remain in it whilst she runs her german interests. When things change who knows, but I couldn't think of making money and sitting around to do nothing.

And one of the business interests helps others who have been wronged etc and mrs DSG side of it is very complex. But I think working hard, taking the rewards it offers is fair.

Plus we believe in not buying anything on borrowed cash.

4. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Big fan of capitalism. :) I work hard for my money. Been through numerous ventures through the years. Had some really up times and some down as well. Being is business for myself is a necessity for myself, the only boss I will answer to is the one in the mirror and he is the hardest core of all. ;)

David4020 likes this.
  5. fbbg

Gold Member

The only thing I have on borrowed money is my mortgage but i don't have much choice there due to house prices. I moved out and got my own place when i was 24 so had no choice. Otherwise all cars, hobbies etc are funded with cash from the current account, not loans or debt.

6. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Ha ha I do have mrs DSG to answer to with our major income :) not that that worries me too :). That said I have interests and other things that I answer to no-one other than the customers and clients.

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  7. David4020

Gold Member

The tax man frequents in your mirror ? :D

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  8. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Most people will accept a house on a mortgage. I personally don't and never bought a house on bank money. Although I've been fortunate that way. I love to buy and sell things. A couple of our investment properties went a bit messy a few years back - but generally it's fun. And I love helping people by been fair and charging fair rent

9. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Ways and means around that. Paying tax is a must and a right thing to do. Offsetting and managing it correctly is right. Good accountants are just as good as a good lawyer :). We pay an accountant.

lbushwalker and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  10. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I did have rental property, not one of my fond ventures, dealing with dead beats sucked.

11. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

I vet who are housed by us and none are those on welfare. Not against them per as but I prefer young professional couples. Indeed one of our first rental clients is now an employee of my wife's and doing well. He was a good lad, so she helped him get into the profession she operates mainly in.

12. David4020

Gold Member

Agree with all the above. But tax evasion those who do that not so great, that's my view.

13. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Actually I done most of my books, now days since I have downsized to one store, I do it all.

14. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Not evasion - there are legal ways to manage tax more effectively.

lbushwalker likes this.
  15. David4020

Gold Member

I know. Obviously no problem with that at all.

16. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

I do like the firm we use in both the UK and Germany. That said the German one is much easier to deal with - perhaps having to deal with MrsDSG more than myself.

17. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Nope. Plus the amount of tax is painful. But it's life. And life is about being fair. We offset some by donating to charities. We are not a mega rich organisation by any mark but we do invest and spend wisely and work in a affluent industry - plus we sell a ice-cream cone for a £1 in the smoothie shop - cost to buy is about 12p

Dog_E_Ryder and David4020 like this.
  18. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

The biggest thing I learnt from my wife was to be more ruthless and be less - is it right making money. At the end of the day making money is why we operate and therefore it's a necessity.

We don't really take relaxing holidays because we are too keen on the business. Take last night mrs DSG was still working at home until after 2am she was back on the office by 7 - I followed after 9 ha ha

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  19. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Depending on your housing market over here, yes the area I was in was economically depressed, one thing that works against you here, is the ones who know how the play the game on you can make hardship appeals and wrap you up 4 or 5 months. No Thanks for me, easier ways to make money. :)

20. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Those that play the welfare system - lovely. But no never had any like that. Guess why I'm selective. Some would pay over £1,000 in rent and I was like why don't you save and buy - they were like we cannot afford to now - so to help them id cut their rent by a quarter. We don't need the money then or now so least we could do.

Mrs DSG was like you only do it because you wanna fuck the female, I was like the first time I did it. No love but I am the guy

If people appeal to me and work hard and do what they can to achieve i will help because I love people like that.

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.