Noisy sex+thin walls, suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by redorn, Jan 27, 2009.

1. redorn

redorn New Member

I've just moved in to a new place and am unfortunately noticing the complete lack of soundproofing in my room :-( I can hear things in the room down the hall as easily if both of our doors were open, so should I bring a lady friend back to my room the noises of bedsprings and noisy moaning will not be what my housemates want to hear.

Has anyone got any good suggestions?

Playing music louder than you are helps, but can have its problems:
    http://www.xkcd.com/400/

I'm trying to think of ways of making the sound travel less as well, as it seems to mostly be through the door. Oddly I can't hear the guy in the room I share a wall with, but I can hear the guy down the hall :-/
    Although somehow I think replacing the door entirely might be a tiny bit excessive...

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

As a parent with children in the house (now teenagers), we had to restrained. As any mother will tell you, women can come without making lots of noise. We had a waterbed, so no noisy bed springs. But if other people hear you having sex, it's a natural part of life, is it not? Just as long as you and your partner are not excessively loud, it should be fine.

The other thing we did with our children when they were old enough to understand a little of the basics, was to explain love and sex so they understood that closed doors and noises from behind were natural. We should be proud of loving someone passionately, not ashamed.

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Redorn,
    If it is the bedsprings causing the problem either change the bed/mattress and do your sex on the floor or some other furniture.
    Bed is only one place to have sex but there are numerous others and the variations add to experience.
    If all else fails; move elsewhere.

4. CdrData

CdrData New Member

Good issue that probably affects alot of people. In general, I think all new construction should be designed for better soundproofing.

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Sex in the shower is always good. For a squeaky bed, get a memory phone mattress. Not much you can do for the moaning.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

That way, if the sex gets boring you can check your voicemail while you're bangin' away!:lol

Just kidding. Couldn't help exploiting a typo.:p

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

That way, if the sex gets boring you can check your voicemail while you're bangin' away!:lol

Sorry, just kidding. Couldn't help it.:p

8. igor

Gold Member

Duct tape!

9. Painispleasure

Painispleasure New Member

The floor is usually good for heavy thrusting...

Also having her lay on her back at the edge of the bed while you enter from a standing position should give you some control as to how much noise is made.

10. missyhuggins

missyhuggins New Member

Not much you can do abot it really unless you hit the floor.

They'll get used to it. ;) My flatmates always did.

11. bsxy420

Gold Member

you can always hang some blankets or fabric on the walls to help keep some of the sound in the room. try to have her ride you and not in the bouncing fashion, have her rock back and forth on you that will help cut down on the bed spring noise. also try it in diffrent spots on the bed, it may just be a few springs that are making all that damn noise.try layin diagonal on the bed. as for the moaning. stuff a pillow in her mouth or have her suck on your finger while shes riding you!

12. bigpappi

bigpappi Member

that sucks for you...but i agree with above...you two are doing something thats completely natural. as long as neither one of you is screaming real loud it shouldn't be a problem. go about it and have fun