Nightmares...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiBiBaby, Apr 11, 2005.

1. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

My dreams are always very lucid, and i can often remember them the next morning. this wouldnt be a problem except for the prevelance of nightmares...

I often have nightmarese about my exbf or my bf's exroommate raping me, also i have a reoccuring one about an infant shrivelling up and dying in my hands.... this past weekend my bf nearly got a knee to the junk when he tried to wake me up from a nightmare in which HE was raping me...

I was just wondering if anyone had any input. as far as trust issues ect go, i trust my bf more than anyone in the world and always feel safe around him. i know he would never hurt me

2. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Have you been assaulted in any way in the past? Been in a situation where you thought a quick egress was the best solution?

3. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

i've been abused in past relationships...sexually,physically and emotionally... but i went through councelling for all that... these dreams are a fairly recent occurance... starting in about june

4. Septa Scarabae

Septa Scarabae New Member

If those past issues are still something you worry about, that is what most likely causes the dreams. Even if it is more of a subliminal thought.

5. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

I by no means am an expert on the situation, but maybe there are some of those issues from the past that are lingering somewhere in you mind. A smell, taste, song, or some other remembrance from the past that your mind associates with the past abuse causes your brain to connect with the past. Your guy now just happens to be the guy you're in a relationship with.