new year resolutions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by a_high_bitch, Dec 31, 2011.

1. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

How many of us are going to acrually keep them? I might last about a week. Mine is not party as much. :D

2. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Well my excuse is that I'm married with kids, I'm an engineer by trade and personality and hence inherently not a partier, and my wife falls asleep well before midnight. If you're implying that you party to much, why is it that right now you're not partying?

Or are you partying online, and slurring your typing?

3. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

No, I have a massive hangover, and I am having a quiet New Years, cause my fucked up family is here. I hate them. -____-

4. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Well, I'm not an alchoholic and I would be able to count on 1 hand the number of times I'd say I've been drunk enough for sickness, but I am not so distant from college that I have forgotten my peripheral learning. With that said, if my drinking buddy from college was around, I'd think he'd say that sounds like 3 problems that could be solved with alchohol.

5. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Oh yeah, I suppose I could answer the question. I just never have been that into new years resolutions. My thoughts fall along the lines of things I'm already trying to do anyway or things that aren't entirely within my control anyway.

6. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

My mom thinks I am an alchoholic, but I'm not. And what does she know? She was in rehab for that, then never came back for me. Bitch.
    So she took all of it, threw it out, and now she and my brother are fighting. *rolls eyes*

7. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

My wife bought a $5 bottle of sparkling white wine, for lack of a more precise term. Some sort of German stuff, it says it has 11% alchohol by volume. She had a little before she fell sleep. I had half a cup, then stopped because it gave me a massive headache and mades my side hurt.

Oh yeah, so I drank water and I'm fine... Hangovers are often related to dehydration, I mean have you tried massive amounts of water?

8. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

*cough*WIMP*cough*
    Still, I am a bit jealous.

9. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

I understand it'd be easy to jump to that conclusion, but we're not big on wine - I could be wrong - but this stuff, I have heard that you get what you pay for and if there are exceptions to this rule, this isn't one of them. I blame the wine. Germans should stick to beer and leave wine to the French, Italians and Californians.

So I'm one to read between the lines. I can come back and edit it out if you prefer to remain anonymous with your location, but I gathered from one of your stop signs you must live in a New England state.. At one point as part of my jobs I was working with a supplier in another New England state and I developed an affinity for Harpoon IPA which seemed to be on tap at a lot of places. It gave me an interesting headache though, I felt like a piece of celery being split in half.

That aside I used to go for the big cans of Fosters, 3 was my typical consumption in a night out in college.

And happy new year now that it actually is, at least the new year part.

10. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

U mean Fosters our beer from Oz???

11. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Yes that Fosters. And yeah I'm aware that Australians maybe don't regard it as well, that Fosters is to Australians as maybe Budweiser is to Americans. When I was in college, Bud light and Corona light worked for me but I honestly can't stand them or most mass market American beers.

I've also had Fosters in England and in Australia. The alchohol content is higher in Fosters in England than America, and I recall liking that better. I recall that Australian Fosters tasted different but I don't recall specifically how. I think I might've had Victoria Bitter while I was in Australia, but I don't remember what it tasted like - just that I didn't dislike any beer I tried while I was in Australia.

I was in Australia for a trial run on some manufacturing equipment, and while at the machine builder's shop I noticed every machinist's toolbox was covered with calendars and posters of nude or topless women, and I couldn't help thinking how remarkable that they could do that where in America that'd be sexual harassment and be at a minimum grounds for termination.

12. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I'm not gonna smoke pot for a whole year. ... maybe.
    I'm also gonna get back in shape and run the Steamtown Marathon again. This one is more likely :p

13. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

I was gonna try that not smoking pot thing...but I just laughed at myself when I said it.

14. CosmicEye

Gold Member

This thread is funny. I dont really have one. I never really make one. Well if you dont feel like you HAVE to quit, then dont. But at the same time, not smoking for a while really makes changes, especially in memory. This is just a guess but it sounds like you have alot of anger towards your parents..

15. 1hotmamma420

Gold Member

My goal is to be happier and to not forget about "me." I always put everyone and everything first, and I gotta make it a point to put myself higher on my list.

I already lost the bet on smokin pot. That resolution to stop, lasted......a few hours. Lol

16. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

Screw it Im gonna smoke MORE pot! LOL

17. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

Parent.
    Dad killed himself. Mom left me when I was 7.

18. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

I like that idea.

19. Essene

Gold Member

Laughable. I don't have one. They're silly.

All one needs is the determination to do something they've been "meaning" to do the year before. The date changing from 12/31 to 01/1 should mean nothing in terms of bettering one's life.

20. HardRocker

Gold Member

Quitting smoking pot is a reasonable resolution I suppose, certainly worthy of mention, though jokes and TV might not be quite as funny any more. But as y'all all know, keep in mind we try to steer away from discussing fun with recreational substances around here. Please don't shoot the messenger.