[Ask a Guy] Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Shelby, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Shelby

Gold Member

Hey guys, need some advice on cock rings. It's a long story but if you have some experience with them I would really like to pick your brain. Feel free to PM me, I won't be on the rest of tonite but I'll be around all day tomorrow. Ladies, I wouldn't mind your insight either! Thanks a bunch guys!

ply likes this.
  2. Meee

Gold Member

One of the few toys we've used is the disposable kind of vibrating cock ring sold by the condom companies. They sell them because the rings help hold on the condoms. We liked the vibrator quite a lot. Rings are supposedly also used to help harden erections, delay ejaculation, intensify the man's orgasm, and so on. We haven't used them for those purposes.

ply and Amature like this.
  3. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

I tried one before meeting my friend, in the fun I used it to get a handjob.
    It was wrapped around the balls and top part of the cock. Made it feel harder, balls supported.
    It felt good to orgasm but it was not what I expected. Then it went soft a short while after.

4. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Well, with the limited information in your post I can't tell what exactly you're looking for - so I'll provide generalized advice from my personal experience:

- Go with an adjustable and/or "easy-release/break-away" ring. Fixed rings can be tricky if you don't know the exact size for yourself. There is also the potential that you might have swelling or some other variance to your genitals with wearing a ring, so a fixed ring could potentially get stuck. :eek:
    - If you are unsure about any personal allergies to various materials, stick with something hypo-allergenic like silicone. Avoid cheap plastics as they frequently can cause skin irritation for both you and your partner.
    - Don't skimp out and go for "the least expensive option." As with all sex toys, aides, and devices it's always best to focus on quality over economy. For safety and pleasure. ;)
    - Be sure you pay attention to your body's signals to you and common sense when it comes to duration/frequency of use. Don't wear the ring for the entirety of a two hour marathon session and don't wear it every time you and your partner engage in intercourse.
    - Consider the positioning of where you want to wear the ring. Are you going to just cinch it around the base of your shaft or are you going to wear it cinched around both your shaft and your balls? Both are options and both create a different effect.
    - Using a small amount of lube on the ring is always a good idea so that it's easier to put on/take off. The last thing you want is to get stuck inside a device that constricts circulation to such a vital location.
    - Did I mention don't over do it with duration and frequency of use? Okay, I know I did, but I can't emphasize enough that this is incredibly important to your personal health, safety, comfort, and pleasure. You can cause permanent damage to yourself with a ring that is too restrictive and/or used too frequently.

5. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

I've only used a couple and they were the cheaper end from a sextoy store. They worked to a point ? I didn't have a harder erection but it did feel thicker and veinier to my woman. It did hold it longer especially after I had cum. A little uncomfortable because both were one size fits all and I am kind of thick. One was a black tube like material which worked the best, the other had a clip stimulator on the top which seems to have no effect however the hole my penis went through was sort of squared off on the edges and gave me skin rub marks or bruises when taking it off...or on for that matter. I would upgrade if i were to get another one. Based on material

6. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Very similar to the one XL showed but even easier to adjust and remove;
    http://www.edenfantasys.com/sex-toys-for-men/cock-rings/julians-stud-ring
    I used it successfully for a while with mild ED and it did work.
    Others I have used for fun have a little bullet clit vibrator on top which has adjustable vibration intensity and speed.
    Similar to this;
    https://www.randyfox.com.au/the-o-wow-vibrating-ring.html?options=cart
    Once again lower end of scale and rightfully termed a toy but a novel experience anyway :)

8. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I've used a broken rubber wrapped around my deeck. It's how we had our first baby

billytk1977 likes this.
  9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Snap crackle Pop!

billytk1977 and ply like this.
  10. Niick

Niick New Member

I don't like cock rings at all. The two I've tried anyway. They were too tight and uncomfortable. It was too much pressure squeezing on my cock - it reduced my pleasure. I didn't like cumming with them on either. I guess they were supposed to be one size fits all, but they felt too tight for my liking. I don't have a huge cock either, probably about average. So I'm not really sure how other guys can like them. Maybe they need to be stretched out a bit first, I don't know. It might be better to go with an adjustable one.

11. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

How many trojan cock rings have assisted in that?!

ply likes this.
  12. Shelby

Gold Member

You guys rock! Thank you for all your insight. I guess my main thing is...someone that isn't that we'll endowed with some ED, would a cock ring help?

13. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

It could, but don't expect miracles. The main thing it will do is reduce how much blood flows in/out of his penis and hold more of it in his penis. In theory, that will help to maintain an erection. Putting a cock ring on isn't going to make him erect on its own - there will need to be some sort of stimulation. And remember there is no guarantee of how effective it will be.

I will say, however, that it is definitely worth a shot to see if it will assist any. A cock ring is definitely far less expensive (potential) option than the alternate methods for handling ED.

Shelby and ply like this.
  14. feelgood2000

Gold Member

I've never used one while fucking a lady but I kinda want to. That being said I've tried one on but I guess I wasn't truthful with myself and bought one a size too small

ply likes this.
  15. duffy

Gold Member

Or a long, strong tongue !!