need info on morning after pill...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Hopeless_Dude, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopeless_Dude

Hopeless_Dude New Member

how effective is it and can you take it after you have sexual intercourse?

2. sammi

sammi New Member

What I heard was upwards of 90% if you take it within 24 hours, decreases with time up to 3 or 4 days, then it's not effective. And yeah, you're supposed to take it after intercourse, that's what it's made for.

3. daveos

daveos New Member

hello,

Yeah the morning afterpill doesn't work all the time. but its better than not taking it. I mean when i first starting going out with my gf we used condoms, and after a while you want to know how it feels so one day we didn't use one. Then i was scared shitless...so the morning afterpill saved us.

4. hey guys

hey guys New Member

i was woundering weather your girl friend needs to take it at all if you use a condom? i know taking the pill is safer but would it matter?
    also... does she need to keep taking the pill?? if so how long for? sorry if i sound stupid but im confussed about that lol or is it just the next morning after sex hence the name "morning after pill"

#4 hey guys, Aug 27, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  5. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Nothing works all the time, except doing nothing.

Is taking a pill after you have sex each time more responsible than using something before you have sex? I guess I need to do a little research on this "method" of birth control.

6. honeyB

honeyB New Member

hey guys.. well me and my boyfriend have been together for about 4 months and one time during sex our condom actually broke when he was pulling out.. we werent sure if we were safe or not so we got the morning after pill... i went to the doctors and they told me that it has to be used with in 72 hours of having the sexual contact.... best if used asap... of course.. u get 2 pills which u take at once.. then u should be fine.. the pill can either make ur peroid come early or late.. depeding on ur body... making it late doesnt help the worrying factor i know.. but takin it is better then not doin anything to try to prevent it. and like mentioned already its more then 90% good to go = )... i was very worried until i got my peroid obv, but its a good method if ur at all worried. hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.