Need help with girlie magazines

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

A lot of people have told me to try to get some of my stories published in magazines, trouble is, I can't seem to find information online to send them to Playboy, Playgirl, Penthouse, Hustler, or whatever.

Will you folks that happen to have hard copies of these mags (or any others you can think of) please look up the info to send submissions in and give it to me?

I'm looking for addys, email or otherwise, and amount payed for stories.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks. :)

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Have you put any on "Erotic Literature" on the inernet yet.

Hiker

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well yeah, Hiker, HERE. I'm sick of giving it away though, if people are willing to pay, why should I give it away for free?

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

That's the enterprising spirit!

Here's the addy for submitting stories to Playgirl: pgedit@playgirlmag.com

And here are their guidelines:

Writing Guidelines For Erotic Encounters

Erotic Encounters is our erotic fiction department, written solely by our readers. Each month, we choose four fantasies to be published. One of the four will be chosen as Fantasy of the Month.

All published fantasy authors will receive $50. It is the perfect forum for unpublished writers to get their work read.
    • This section is devoted to female fantasies and pleasures of the flesh. Be creative, wild, and uninhibited in your writings. Write what turns you on, not what you think turns other people on. All submissions considered must be sexually explorative fantasies that empower, enlighten, and entertain
    • Any fantasies that involve pain, degradation, or extreme negativity will not be published
    • Fantasies need to be in the first person, and from the female perspective using "I"
    • They MUST be typed and be 800-1200 words in length
    • Please mark envelopes with "Erotic Encounters." All submissions become property of PLAYGIRL and will not be returned. We regret that not all submissions will be acknowledged.
    • All entries MUST include your name, address and telephone number. E-mail is optional.
    Send fantasies to:

PLAYGIRL
    Erotic Encounters
    801 Second Ave. 9th floor
    New York, NY 10017

Go get 'em, tiger! :tup

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Hey, thanks Bluesy. I'm going to have to weed out a bunch of my previously written stories, though. Sounds like they are looking for stuff that is a bit tamer in nature than the raunchy smut I spew forth. :ugh

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

Oh, raunchy is totally welcomed, they just don't want S&M-type stories...I swear I've read a few of yours that don't involve anything of that sort...I think :uhh: Really? None?

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, I did find one or two. I just emailed them "Counter Help", one I had posted here a while back. It's one of my more "woman friendly" type stories. HAHA!

Maybe some nice fella will give me the submission details from a hardcore smut rag so I have a place to send my nasty tales to. ;)

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

Damn, that was quick! :lol Let us know if they publish a story...it would be so effing cool to have an issue of Playgirl featuring a story by someone I know :cool

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yeah, and when I become a gazillianaire (although I don't know how I am going to do that earning $50/month.) you will be able to say, "I knew her when." :D

10. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

HEY welcome to my world..lol someone talked me into writing a book...WTF was I thinking??!!!

11. Bluesy

Gold Member

Someday...someday. Have faith in thyself, O Raunchalicious One. Btw, I'm counting on you to spend a portion of your royalties on a special party for :sf peeps, complete with "adult entertainment" :brow

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

I find it hard to believe that no-one here other than Bluesy looks at erotic magazines. Come on people, I need your help!

13. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hmmm...I just checked PenthouseLetters dot com, and looks like you can submit stories online...however, it doesn't appear that they pay you anything. That sux.:down

14. cbrmale

Gold Member

Cowboy Lover,
    While you are giving it away, I suggest you post a couple of your current best on adult sites like Literotica and a couple of others. You will get voted on, and you will get some feedback on your style which will help you to develop as a writer. There was a site in the UK that I liked, but its closed, which is a shame.

To get paid for erotica, perhaps it might be best to consider something longer than a short story. Writing lengthy works is hard, but there IS a market for longer short stories (around the 5,000 to 10,000 word mark). Proper short stories get you into character development (writing biographies to help with backstory), plots, relationships, themes, resolution of the theme and so on. These things are important to lift you from the masses, a short-story planned and plotted like a novel can be a special thing indeed. But if you're good, you can do it, anyone can.

I have a couple of books compiled by (I think) Susie Bright which have some good erotic short stories, and the feminine erotic short story has been around since Anaïs Nin. Indeed, there are many collections of erotic short stories published each year.

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thank you for the tips. I did post a story on Literotica once, got one positive feedback and haven't heard a peep since. I keep my pieces very short, so they can be posted here, but I'm sure I can write something much more detailed and story-like if I tried. I'm just trying to get something published for my own piece of mind, and was thinking the easiest way to do that would be to have a piece in a magazine.