Need help getting rid of a fetish

Discussion in 'Sexual Fetishes and Fantasies' started by Ubuntu1, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Ubuntu1

Ubuntu1 New Member

Hi,
    I am a 23 year old male , university graduate, and am normal except for one thing: I have a fetish. It all started when I was about 11 years old just entering puberty. I discovered that I was absolutely obsessed with thongs (underwear). I wouldn't wear them or anything but loved to see them on chicks especially if they were showing out of a chicks pants. I did not like any other style of underwear except for thongs and it was specific like that. I never really questioned it when I was younger but it became sort of an obsession. I was definitely not very social during this time and also in high school. I subconsciously felt weird about it but didn't know how to explain it. Like my friends and everything had it so easy because they could be turned on by normal stuff like boobs and butts but here I was that loved chicks wearing thongs. In fact I would only date girls in high school that wore thongs that's how strong the fetish was. During my 20s I became more socially aware and grown up and realised that I had a fetish this whole time. It has made me feel like a freak and a pervert. Like how can I be attracted to a piece of fabric it doesn't make any sense. I feel like an outcast , like I will be alone on my own my whole life. I don't want to objectify a woman because of the type of underwear she wears. Through high school I began to experience severe anxiety. I was put on anti depressants which drastically lowered my sex drive. On the times throughout many years where I have come off them my sex drive has come back strong and again my fetish comes back . I am on antidepressants now and actually kind of like the fact of having no sex drive after coming to this realization. I would rather have no sex drive than feel like some sort of pervert. Is there a way to get rid of a fetish. I just want to be normal

2. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

I don't think you're abnormal. You have a thing. Most of us do. I happen to be attracted to women who have long hair and wear glasses. I think what you should invest in doing is finding out what it is about thongs or rather the girls who wear thongs that really attract you. for example my love of long hair really stems from an admiration of the time energy and dedication it takes to make it look that way. it speaks to the character of a woman to take such good care of something that is really not necessary to present herself, and the it speaks as to how she wants to present herself in the world. I suspect again its not simply the thong that does it for you because you're not wearing them and you're not jacking off to them by yourself. I'm also willing to bet that there are physical or personality similarities in these thong bearing women that you seem to lust after.

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

My take on it is also that you are not a freak but simply imprinted on a sexual image in your formative years.
    If you really think you have a fetish then a pair of said thongs alone would arouse your sexual desires.
    Based on what you have told us I think it is not the fabric itself that turns you on but the intense sexual tease that a woman wearing them has on you psyche. It does the same to most of us but not exclusively as in your case.
    You may need some therapy to allow your appreciation of other aspects of femininity.

LongwoodU likes this.
  4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Given your handle looking like you have another obsession......with an OS ;)

5. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

Why therapy though? It doesn't as if OP has done anything bad or disrespectful, he just prefers chicks who wear thongs..
    I always am a little reluctant to demonize the desires of men, it's a very common thing done to us; making us feel marginalized for our preferences in mates. I've never heard someone recommend therapy for a woman that loves a man in uniform, so if OP isn't disrespecting anybody, why should he seek professional help?

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Not meant in that way; dude saying he can't appreciate a woman in anything but thongs so he may need help to have his eyes opened to see that there is more to sexy than his obvious fixation.
    Like yourself I am very taken by a girl in thongs but equally if not more her fully naked or even fully clothed whilst our new friend here if I read correctly is not.
    Perhaps the OP could clarify?

7. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

Yeah there has to be some physical or personality trait that he is attracted to..but all he sees is the thongs...not seeing the forest for the trees

8. Ubuntu1

Ubuntu1 New Member

Well I'm just attracted to asses in general. You could say I'm an ass man I guess . But I mean not sure what to do. Live in shame for the rest of my life because I have this particular kink with thongs or what?

9. afunk13

Gold Member

There's no reason for you to live in shame. You like asses and thongs so what. A lot of men do and so do a lot of women. Just embrace it and go with it.

SWOJLO, SF Guy and lbushwalker like this.
  10. rcc8611

Gold Member

I love an nice ass in a thong, in science class years ago I masturbated in my pants under my desk and came all in them looking at a girls thing popping out from her pants in front of me

11. whybother

Gold Member

Must have been interesting for your classmates and the teacher.

rcc8611 likes this.
  12. sensless

Gold Member

I'm so sorry for you. Perhaps therapy could help you, though I've read it's very difficult to "heal" fetishes.

13. Candela

Verified Gold Member

You are a perfectly normal male,You are not a freak,Gosh,Even I like a woman in a thong:rolleyes:

Mr_Blue and Wandererer like this.
  14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

That may be true for a lot of us but we appreciate other aspects as well whilst the OP is apparently totally fixated and whether it is called a fetish is a moot point. He is concerned about that mindset which essentially is a kink.
    All he needs to do is accept his "thing" and be happy!

15. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dude there are lots more serious things to worry about it life than being turned on by asses and thongs :)

16. lbushwalker

Gold Member

When you have a girl ask her to make you happy by wearing thongs; it isn't that weird you know!
    Read around here what other strange stuff that get peoples rocks jingling.
    Acceptance and embracement is the key your happiness.
    I used to be obsessed to the point of fixation with the idea of only being attracted to and dating blonde girls and not seeing how beautiful other colours could be but that is before I discovered.......Asia!
    Now I can get turned on with a girl with blue, red or pink hair even although yet to appreciate mauve or lavender but maybe when I am in aged care facility that time might come too :)

petergozinya likes this.
  17. SF Guy

SF Guy Member

That thong thong thong thong!

18. Mr_Blue

Gold Member

I love sexy underwear to the point that if my wife is changing and we are busy I make a point of not looking lest I become a sex pest for the rest of the day ;) Seriously though, as far as kinks go, if that's really what this is, you could have done a lot worse. Embrace it and have fun with it.

19. LongwoodU

Gold Member

I have a HUGE thing for panties in general... its that sexy pieceof fabric that isnup against their warm soft bodyband tight little asshole and warm wet tight pussy! Drives me crazy... ive even stolen a few pairs of dirty panties... maybe Im a pervert, but its my thing and im ok with it. If your not hurting anyone and can care for someone and treat them with respect then I dont think there is anything you need to be 'cured' of.

20. _Acid

Gold Member

Everyone has something about them. It's not the fabric, it's the person wearing it, unless you can look at a thong on the ground and get off.