Need for a little more discussions now please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lbushwalker, Apr 7, 2015.

1. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ok, all the wonderful eye candy pics are great and competition is fierce but I am just about overwhelmed and missing the regular interactions between members.
    Anyone else feeling likewise?

2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Agreed. While I enjoy the pics/videos I have pretty much the entire rest of the Internet for that.

3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I'd even be willing to strongly consider stopping communication in GIF/meme/nonsense.

4. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

Why would you do that

5. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Nope actually it's nice too have new members who are sharing, we have had a lot recently and that not typical. It will be back to normal soon!
    I don't feel a lack of interaction at all :)
    I have great been enjoying this forum :)

ply, Dog_E_Ryder and Married M Nh like this.
  6. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

lol no you wouldn't ;)

Dog_E_Ryder and billytk1977 like this.
  7. Married M Nh

Gold Member

I'm all for more discussions, like this forum was before. We lost a lot of great members because of other members thought they were smarter or other members opinions were didn't matter or worth their time. If we could just get along and not take things so personal, I think we could get this forum back to where it was a year ago and maybe some of the greats could return.
    Just my opinion

12barblues, Amature and 10_3XL like this.
  8. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

How could someone's opinion not matter? You dont have to agree but to listen may shine wisdom in an otherwise dark area of thought.

Married M Nh likes this.
  9. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Well Bushy,I guess we aren't doing a good job here..What topic do you suggest?..Seems if a new person makes a new topic and 1 older member doesnt like it,Its washed away..so you start!..I have also noticed that "you older members dont join in in any of the topics going on now..Is there a reason for this,Maybe not liking what we are doing here..Just asking

10. lucky5338

Verified Gold Member

I think things will soon settle down once new members fInd their way around and I am sure they will bring much new light into the forum and that is to be welcomed. Once we all get to know each other relationships will develop and new friends will be made. I hope we can all give our opinions on these matters without fear or favour and sometimes witty humour can make a conversation that much more interesting. As for the gifs and smileys they can take the edge off a serious subject on occasions and hopefully raise a smile. I come here because I want to be here and to have a bit of fun in my later years but I am quite prepared to engage with a serious subject if I feel I have something of value to add. :)

11. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Actually Guys I thought the site was kind of getting more life to it. All the threads are beginning to get more movement. Not sure what you are saying. There is a lot more people which I count as a good thing for more interaction. Been having fun on here. Besides Gifs are Kewl!:cool::D tumblr_lnop25mQTp1qc0roy.gif

Barent, CLE32793, Candela and 2 others like this.
  12. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I think we shouldn't be old/new members. We are a new blended family. Some were chatters, some made comments, some like pictures.

As far as not wanting to see the pictures, you can just mark those forums read and you are back to the chat/comment forums.

13. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I could say that when I stop in at SF I don't see many topics of interest these days, but I've only started one or two topics since being here, so I have no room to talk.
    I agree with HFH as in I've never viewed old/new members as such. If you're on SF you're part of SF.
    This place does slow down for awhile. Then it picks back up. People come and go. People get along and then argue... And sometimes all hell breaks loose and a lot of people argue haha. It's just this place. But it is what you make it. Bush knows this, as he is one of the most senior members here. I think he's just craving a conversation that grabs his attention. We all go through that I'm sure. Hell, for months Random Thoughts was like my one and only thread(shoutout HFH). :) there's always other great ones, but it's been a favorite since day 1.
    I guess my advice is this- accept SF for what it can offer. Not what it is. It offers escape, interaction, outlets, arousal, and the provoking of thought.
    Whether you post often, here and there, or hardly at all... It's up to you on how you use it.

Englishman, lucky5338, 10_3XL and 3 others like this.
  14. Candela

Verified Gold Member

There are several fun threads here, They really dont have any serious threads here unless its something to do with a relationship or a sex thing,It has been mentioned about having a news thread,We all talk about that,But Like Blue said.Its what you make of it ..JMO xo

ply, Dog_E_Ryder and lucky5338 like this.
  15. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hey Candela, whilst I don't "follow" anyone I do have favourites and you are one. After more than 10 years on here there is not a lot of anything new but sometimes different viewpoints on the repeated topics. It is true that I don't often start new threads anymore but I often comment on those I feel worthy and other times on the really crass ones just for fun.
    There are folks on here that in some ways are closer than family and local friends simply because all we see is what they write rather than what they might say. Here I think people don't need to pretend or hold back but that is not to say there are no fakes & frauds but they soon get caught out by the bloodhounds such as Meee and Mitt.
    On balance this is a great place and I will continue visiting as long as such great characters exist :)

CLE32793 likes this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Honestly, thinking about it, for me it's probably a good thing there is a lack of serious discussion, but that's because away from here I'm so angry/grumpy/negative - I don't need the opportunity to direct that at innocent bystanders. (I have Reddit, Facebook, and Tumblr for that.)

I know that my posting habits aren't always... ahh... appreciated by more serious-minded folks for whatever reasons. I'm kinda one of the odd members out, though, in that I'm not one of the Old Crowd, I'm no longer a newcomer, and I'm not here from another forum. So my approach to things here is relatively different - not all serious; not all "frivolous." (Like, a 65/35 split.) There's definitely a place for everything, I think most of the issue arises when people don't really screen what they're reading and where... and people taking shit personally (a "crime" I'm definitely guilty of) rather than brushing it off.

I don't even know what I'm saying any more. I lost track about 2 words into this. Um... here's a GIF:
    1368665684_spock.gif

17. HotForHoney

Gold Member

ply and Englishman like this.
  18. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

The discussions are what made SF great. It was why I joined in the first place. While I do contribute now and then to the twitter like threads, I'm really not a fan. While I have not started an over abundance of threads myself, I have enjoyed composing my essays for intelligent discussions and serious questions. With the intelligent discussions/questions threads being at an all time low, I haven't been posting as much. I even had friends here pm'ing me as to if I was ok. Seriously, If I want to know the weather anywhere, TWC page will tell me that. I really don't care how horny, or not you are. After 70+ pages, we pretty much know who would and wouldn't do who. Etc. etc. But, on a relevant topic, such as this, I type away like the Cappy many folks have told me they miss.

xx

19. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

And I'm here to see, "like," and post a unnecessary/goofy reply.

Seriously, I'm waiting for it (don't let me down people)................

20. ginger

Gold Member

oh ok then must do as im told :D

justboobs666.jpg justboobs673.jpg justboobs673b.jpg justboobs678.jpg justboobs679.jpg justboobs682.jpg justboobs683.jpg justboobs690a.jpg justboobs690b.jpg

Amature, ply, Englishman and 2 others like this.