natural meds for low libido

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by dllfb, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dllfb

dllfb New Member

Is there any natural remedies women use to raise their libido before sex?

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I have heard that FINALLY they are working at finding some of these remedies.
    I notice that you are 47. This problem happens around this age for us women. Usually even a bit earlier - I think we just begin to get a little P-$$ed, and want more from our sex life before we hit menopause.

Okay -that said, you CAN have the most sexually enjoyable part of your life now (yes, I said NOW).

#1 Natural remedy: Get in shape!
    --A higher metabolism can intensify your interest in physical contact with your lover.
    --Looking good to yourself makes you feel sexy. Feeling sexy is the first step!
    Kid's grown & gone?(or almost?) - Re-connect with your husband/lover/.... This is the best time of your life. Sometimes you just have to get away, a weekend - alone, bottle of wine, good music, no plans, and begin to look toward your future.
    ...add to that some of the libido drugs... (though you may not need them) - and you may just wonder where in the world this passion was hiding all the time. :brow

I sure hope this helps, because I know exactly how you feel.
    Life is too short to miss out on this part of our life.
    ;)

3. Logger

Gold Member

4. Eros

Eros New Member

I like Rose's idea. I have read about some women taking testosterone injections from their doctor - would recommend that you ask him about the side effects!

Beyond exercise and reconnecting with your husband, healthy eating can help too - I have read that heavy fatty foods can decrease libido. My wife is very sensitive to them.

Someone on one of these threads said something about pumpkin seeds - is that just guys???
    The health food stores have female and male libido enhancing herbs - dunno what is in it or not - eye of newt? penis of hedgehog? But they say it is all natural if it helps;)

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

LOL - "all natural" could mean anything. "Poop" is all natural - but I sure don't wanna eat it! :lol

I know I've been getting some bulk e-mails referring to female libido enhancers. I'm not sure if they say they are drugs or herbs or what. I'd probably scare my hubby away if my libido was any greater, so I stay away from them.
    I'd do a google search - or WebMD search before taking anything. Some stuff can have side effects, and some stuff is just a rip-off.
    Good luck!

6. jane12

jane12 New Member

I was using Sentia herbal supplement because my low libido is really beginning to hurt my relationships. Now I don’t remember a longer pause than a few days when I didn’t make love with my boyfriend. These pills certainly have something to do with it.

7. dllfb

dllfb New Member

Sentia?

Is Sentia the brand name or the herbal name itself? Who makes this product/what is in it?

I was using Sentia herbal supplement because my low libido is really beginning to hurt my relationships. Now I don’t remember a longer pause than a few days when I didn’t make love with my boyfriend. These pills certainly have something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

8. Logger

Gold Member

Zestra is an oil mixture that comes in a foil packet, measured for one application. Available from CVS, Rite Aid.

Zestra
    Femine Arousal Fluid
    1-877-493-7872
    Qualilife Pharma Inc
    Charleston, SC 29407
    www. zestraforwomen. com

Seems to help my wife.

Peppermint oil is supposed to be good, but my wife tried it, on her clitoris and labia lips, and it was too strong for her, gave her a buring sensation. I applied Baby Oil liberally, and the burning sensation went away. I think peppermint oil from the health food store is supposed to be diluted with baby oil, maybe 3 to 1. It is better just applied to the clitoris, with a Q tip.

Zestra works on the clitoris and the labia lips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.