Myrtle Beach is the shit.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

I just spent a week down there. MAN does that drive ever suck if you didn't get a good amount of sleep the night before!! :eek

On the way down it took us 13 hours and I slept for 3 hours the night before. I was just so hot and couldn't get comfortable to get to sleep. Then the night before coming home I was itching terribly because I had a reaction to the laundry detergent at the hotel. Wasn't bad, but enough to annoy the fuck out of me. Then my good companion known as the nasal allergy gave me a visit at 2 am and kept me up for the remainder of the night, where everyone else woke up at 5 to leave.

On a happier note, last year when we went to the same beach I was driving a 93 grand am. That thing barely made it, and in fact I blew a power steering pump while down there. This year, in my newer car (01 Elantra), I had ZERO issues. Man does that thing ride like a dream, even when going 90 mph on I-83. :lol

It was a shame, though. I didn't have as much privacy (nor a personal fan to 'cool' myself off with :lol ) as I had hoped. But during the night hours, despite cranking the AC, things still heated up. :D

2. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Next time, try to get together with some friends and rent a house over at Pawley's Island near Myrtle Beach. It's quiet, you'll have a whole house to yourself and you can get to the attractions of Myrtle Beach easily or just hang out on the beach at Pawleys.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

The privacy thing I spoke about was the fact that I went with my family. I went down with my family and my girlfriend, and just followed my parents down in my car. It would of been the same no matter where we went. But oh well! Didn't stop me. :brow

We had quite a lot of fun though. During high tide, the water was about 15 feet away from the back deck. Hell the one morning after a storm it was splashing up on the deck so bad I couldn't sit out there unless I wanted a shower.

4. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Yeah, Myrtle Beach can be a nice place to be! Last time I was in that area, over on Pawley's Island, I lounged around on the beach and watched the fighters from the air base fly over :f14 , watched the pelicans skim over the ocean catching fish and, rarely enough, fucked my wife every night. We toured Brookgreen Gardens too. Also ran down to Charleston for dinner. Wouldn't mind living there!